On This Page
Dalby in Queensland (QLD) is a rich agricultural area and rural community that is a great place to raise a family. Here, you can experience a relaxed rural lifestyle, whilst also enjoying modern facilities and services. Indeed, a family-oriented town with a great vibe in the heart of a resource sector.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Dalby*
Total Installed Capacity in Dalby(kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Dalby, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Dalby, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Dalby
Going solar in Dalby is one of the best things you can do. Therefore, you need to find a solar installer in Dalby first to help you find the right system. Your solar installer will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs as well.
However, most solar installers in Dalby have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, it’s best you compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you hire Tier 1 solar panel manufactures due to their stable finances, enabling them to honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers list, which is released annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in QLD, you will notice that they have 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. Don’t let that limit you, though; you can install up to 33 per cent more panels than your inverter is rated at.
We also suggest you size up where possible. With electrification and the rising energy costs, it only makes sense to look for alternatives; and that’s why solar energy is here. This is also an excellent move for the future to accommodate your plans of getting an electric vehicle or a solar battery. When you size up in Dalby as early as now, you can look forward to more savings in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Dalby, QLD
Queensland doesn’t have available rebates yet, but there are solar incentives that you can get.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can exchange STCs for cash, and it will be deducted from the cost of your solar system in Dalby. The number of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer in Dalby who will provide you FiTs. You get FiTs when you send excess energy back into the grid; however, their rates vary depending on your energy retailer. This is why you need to take the time to compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Dalby
Other factors to consider to get the most out of your solar system in Dalby are:
- Roof condition: Before you have rooftop solar panels in Dalby installed, make sure your roof is in perfect condition first.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To help you determine the number of solar panels you need for your Dalby home, look into your previous electricity bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Any trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can affect the efficiency of your solar system in Dalby. Trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Dalby will find the best location and position for your solar panels.
Your solar installer in Dalby will also design a solar system for you to maximise roof space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Dalby?
When you have a solar battery in Dalby, you can store the excess energy that you can use throughout the night or on cloudy days. You also get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Now is the time to be less dependent on the unstable grid and steer clear of rising energy costs. When you have a solar battery in Dalby, you can make your home fully self-sufficient, that will also reduce your dependency on the grid.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Dalby, but it’s always best to be prepared. You don’t need to worry about blackouts when you have a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you get credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Dalby.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Dalby
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Dalby, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Dalby solar panels
For a mid-range home in Dalby, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.