On This Page
Dee Why in New South Wales (NSW) is a coastal suburb that is host to many of the northern beaches’ main events, such as New Year’s Eve fireworks and Australia Day. Many first-class sporting events are held here, such as the Ocean Thunder and Sun Run.
Companies like Energy Matters offer a hassle-free way to explore solar solutions tailored to your needs through our FREE solar quotes. The coastal charm of Dee Why seamlessly blends with the potential for clean energy, inviting residents to discover the benefits of solar power.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Dee Why*
Total Installed Capacity in Dee Why (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Dee Why
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Dee Why, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Dee Why
The NSW government is making efforts to meet its net zero goal, making renewable energy sources across the state more affordable and accessible. In fact, the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in the state by 2038.
Be part of this significant change in history—now is the time to begin your solar journey. The most important thing is to find the best solar system in Dee Why; to do this, you must find the right installer in Dee Why. Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Dee Why you can choose from.
Here at Energy Matters, we want to ensure you get only the best solar system in Dee Why. That’s why we recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These manufacturers have high bankability, allowing them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also a good move. With electrification going at a supercharged pace, your future energy needs are bound to change. By getting a bigger solar system, you are prepared, and you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Dee Why, NSW
One of the ways the NSW government makes solar energy appealing and affordable in the state is by offering solar rebates and incentives. Paired with nationwide rebates and incentives, NSW residents can look forward to significant cost savings by installing rooftop solar panels.
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar is designed for low-income households, in which eligible homeowners may be able to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, which includes the costs of installation.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide you with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems in the country are eligible to get STCs. The STCs can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy into the grid from your solar system, your energy retailer will reward you with FiTs. That said, it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rates.
The right solar system in Dee Why
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Dee Why, there are a few important things to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Dee Why.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees around your property may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Dee Why. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Dee Why will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Dee Why, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Dee Why, you can store the energy your rooftop solar panels generate. With this, you get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Dee Why.
- Blackout protection: Protect yourself from blackouts in Dee Why with a solar battery. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries available today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Dee Why
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Dee Why solar panels
A mid-range home in Dee Why can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.