On This Page
Deniliquin in New South Wales (NSW) is a town built around the river and lagoons and surrounded by parklands and forests. That said, there are many water activities here, and it’s also home to the Deni Ute Muster.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Deniliquin*
Total Installed Capacity in Deniliquin (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Deniliquin, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Deniliquin, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Deniliquin
There is around 14 per cent of homes in Deniliquin with rooftop solar panels, as the town receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
To install rooftop solar panels in Deniliquin, the first step is to look for a solar installer. With the right solar installer in Deniliquin they will help you find the right solar system based on your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
One thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Deniliquin have preferred solar panel manufacturers. Therefore, if you have a specific brand in mind, then it’s essential you take the time to look around first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 Solar PV Module Manufacturer List, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5kW inverter. However, we recommend getting a bigger solar system initially with the plans for electrification in the country, it’s best to be prepared.
In addition, when you get a bigger solar system in Deniliquin as early as now, you can save a lot more money. This is also a good idea if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Deniliquin, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Deniliquin may be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. To do this, you only need to swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value will vary based on supply and demand in the market. Therefore, every solar system in Deniliquin is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide those who export excess energy back into the grid with FiTs. Hence, it is your energy retailer that will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Deniliquin
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Deniliquin:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels in Deniliquin are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Get your average monthly consumption by looking into previous energy bills to determine the number of solar panels you need in Deniliquin.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade. Shade may impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Deniliquin will find the best spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Deniliquin, NSW?
A solar battery in Deniliquin will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. You can use this energy throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Other benefits of a solar battery in Deniliquin are:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Deniliquin. In addition, you can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Although blackouts rarely occur in Deniliquin, they may still happen. Don’t get caught in the middle of the dark. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can guarantee you have power during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Deniliquin
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Deniliquin solar panels
If you own a mid-range solar system in Deniliquin, the return on investment is between two and six years. Keep in mind that your energy consumption and usage pattern will play crucial roles here, which you should also consider when it comes to your ROI. Nevertheless, you can reap the rewards of going solar in the coming years.
Now is the right time to switch to Glen Innes solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Liverpool whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Queanbeyan that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.