On This Page
Denman in New South Wales (NSW) is known for its wine, heritage, and food. The small town is surrounded by vineyards, mixed farming, and horse breeding properties. It is a charming town rich in history and culture.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Denman*
Total Installed Capacity in Denman (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Denman, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Denman, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Denman
With 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, Denman’s households are switching to solar energy. Around 14 per cent of homes have rooftop solar panels in Denman installed, and now is the time that you do, too!
Take the first step by finding a solar installer in Denman. The process may be overwhelming due to the many solar installers in Denman you can choose from.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Denman have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, which is something you don’t want. You want to be able to explore and gauge what they have to offer to help you find the right one that suits your needs. Hence, gather multiple quotes first before you sign on the dotted line.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Also, one of the things you can do right off the bat is to get a bigger solar system. Electrification in Australia is growing fast, and this will likely impact your future energy needs. With a bigger solar system, you are more prepared to face the changes that will come your way. In addition, this will also aid when you get a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Denman, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households have a chance to go solar with Swap for Solar. This allows them to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes zero-cost installation.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Denman, you can get STCs. You can trade them and you will get a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system in return.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
You can get FiTs from your energy retailer when your sport excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Denman
There are a few things to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Denman, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Denman.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Denman property, know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Denman. Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s must be trimmed down when necessary, whilst your solar installer will help find the right spot for your rooftop solar panels in Denman.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Denman, NSW?
When you have a home solar battery storage in Denman, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you will have power on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar system in Denman.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Denman, but it’s always best to be prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Denman
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Denman solar panels
A mid-range home in Denman can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Bega solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Campbelltown whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Nowra that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.