On This Page
Dubbo in New South Wales (NSW) is one of the places many tourists flock to each year. The city combines rural charm with rich Victorian history, along with the wilderness, which is sure to captivate everybody’s hearts. Its diversity makes it attractive to tourists and its residents.
The city also experiences a temperate climate; hence, solar energy is growing here. Around 33 per cent of homes in Dubbo have rooftop solar panels now.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Dubbo*
Total Installed Capacity in Dubbo
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Dubbo, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Dubbo, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Dubbo
If you’re considering switching to solar energy in Dubbo, NSW, the first step is finding the right solar installer. A good solar installer will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs. Remember that most solar installers have a preferred solar manufacturer, which won’t be a good thing if you have a specific brand in mind. Thus, we recommend you compare rooftop solar installers in Dubbo first.
Energy Matters also recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Dubbo. Why? These manufacturers have good financial standing and will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels have reduced significantly over the last ten years. To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, there are some things you need to consider that we will talk about further in this article.
Most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Sizing up where possible initially is also a great move, considering the rapid electrification that will impact your future energy needs. Additionally, if you plan to get an electric vehicle or a solar battery, getting a bigger solar system as early as now will save you more money.
Solar rebates and incentives in Dubbo, NSW
Switching to solar in NSW is better than ever with their rebates and incentives. They are:
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Dubbo may be eligible for Swap for Solar to help reduce their energy bills. This will let them swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, which also includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Dubbo instead. This will allow you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are offered to households and businesses in Dubbo, NSW. You or your installer can trade these certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Dubbo.
However, the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners can receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system in Dubbo, which will save thousands of money.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Dubbo energy providers will provide FiTs to homeowners who export extra energy from their solar system back into the grid. Therefore, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Dubbo
Here are some of the factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Dubbo, NSW:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in the best condition before you install solar panels in Dubbo, NSW.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof is important to the efficiency of your solar panels in Dubbo. Ideally, it should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills to get an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbours can create shade that may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Dubbo. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer will also help find the best spot for your solar panels in your home.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Dubbo, NSW?
With solar battery, you can ensure that you have reliable solar power at home. It will store excess energy you can use on overcast days or throughout the night.
Here are some of the benefits of a solar battery in Dubbo, NSW:
- Energy independence: The energy rates are increasing, and the grid isn’t stable enough across the country. A solar battery in Dubbo will help you with this and reduce your grid dependency. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Dubbo rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they do. You can protect your home from this with a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall. Your solar panels will charge your battery throughout the day, which will enable you to have energy throughout the day and night.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Dubbo
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Dubbo solar panels
A mid-range home in Dubbo can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, which will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.