On This Page
Known for its surrounding green pastures where it got its name, Emerald in Queensland (QLD) is a thriving rural area that has grown into a major regional centre of Central Highlands. Emerald also has the world’s biggest Van Gogh Sunflowers painting in Morton Park.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Emerald*
Total Installed Capacity in Emerald (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Emerald QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Emerald QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Emerald
Many households and businesses are switching to solar energy, and if you’re one of them, the first step is to find the right solar installer in Emerald. The right solar installer in Emerald will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preferences.
Remember, most solar installers in Emerald have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, if you have a brand in mind, we suggest you take the time to compare several solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and will likely honour their warranties. Moreover, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturers list, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in QLD, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than your inverter is rated at.
We also recommend sizing up where possible. The fast-paced electrification that’s taking place across the country will surely impact your future energy needs. This is also an excellent move if you have plans to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle for your home in Emerald soon. Sizing up as early as now will help you save more money in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Emerald, QLD
Queensland doesn’t have available rebates yet for its residents, but they can get solar incentives.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can redeem STCs in exchange for cash, which will be deducted from the cost of your solar system in Emerald. The number of STCs you get will depend on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer in Emerald will be the one who will provide you with FiTs. These are given when you send excess energy back into the grid. Similar to STCs, FiT rates vary depending on your energy retailer, which is why you need to compare energy retailers first to get the best rates.
The right solar system in Emerald
There are also certain factors you need to consider to get the most out of your solar system in Emerald:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before you get rooftop solar panels installed in Emerald.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels in Emerald you need, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that will compromise solar panel efficiency. Trimming them down is an effective way to address this. Your solar installer in Emerald will also help you find the right location and position for your solar panels.
In addition to this, your solar installer in Emerald will design a system to help you maximise your roof space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Emerald?
With a solar battery in Emerald, you can store excess energy you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days. Here are the benefits of a solar battery in Emerald:
- Energy independence: The electrical grid has been unstable, and the costs of energy are rising. Save yourself the trouble and reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Emerald. It can even make your home fully self sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Emerald, but they can be inconvenient when they do, You don’t want to be in the middle of the dark when it happens. You are prepared for blackouts with a solar battery like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you get credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Emerald.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Emerald
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Warwick, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Emerald solar panels
For a mid-range home in Emerald, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.