On This Page
Everton Park in Queensland (QLD) is a residential suburb lined with mostly semi-detached and higher-density dwellings. The Everton Plaza is a popular spot here, which has been turned into a retail village that offers authentic experiences with Park Lake, a dining precinct in the northern suburbs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Everton Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Everton Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Everton Park, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Everton Park, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Everton Park
Queensland is among the states in Australia that are switching to solar energy. In Everton Park, a growing number of households are installing rooftop solar panels to be part of net-zero Australia by 2050.
If you’re planning to make the switch to solar, Energy Matters will help make the process smoother. There are many solar installers in Everton Park, and we know how overwhelming it can be. Not to mention that it’s very important you find the right solar installer in Everton Park especially that there is an increase in the number of fly-by-night installers out there today.
To ensure you are with the right solar installer in Everton Park that will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget, choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers.
These manufacturers uphold an excellent reputation by honouring their warranties and producing high-quality solar panels today.
Finding them is easy—all you need to do is check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Everton Park, QLD have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you’re particular about the brand, take the time to shop around and compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with solar systems of 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Everton Park is also highly recommended as electrification in Australia continues to spread at a supercharged pace. This will impact your future energy needs, and when you have a bigger solar system in Everton Park, you are prepared for the changes to come. Additionally, this makes room for an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Everton Park, QLD
Even though there are currently no solar rebates available in Queensland, there are incentives that make installing rooftop solar panels in Everton Park and the entire state worthwhile. You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here. What are these incentives?
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be redeemed for cash, leading to significant cost-saving. They can reduce the overall cost of the solar system. However, the amount of STCs will vary depending on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Everton Park.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given by energy retailers when homeowners export excess energy back into the grid. The rates are based on the energy retailer; hence, taking the time to compare energy retailers is a-must to get the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Everton Park
There are a few important considerations to take before installing rooftop solar panels in Everton Park, such as:
- Roof condition: The roof must be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels in Everton Park are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the best angle of the roof is it is tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Everton Park, you need to have an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Everton Park because they may cause shade. Trimming them down is something you can do, whilst your solar installer in Everton Park will help find the right location for your solar system on your property.
In addition, your solar installer in Everton Park will design a solar system that will enable you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Everton Park?
A solar battery in Everton Park will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Here are some of its benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Everton Park, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Everton Park, you never have to worry about a blackout again. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Everton Park back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Everton Park, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Everton Park
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Everton Park. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Everton Park:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Everton Park solar panels
For a mid-range home in Everton Park, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.