On This Page
Fairfield Heights in New South Wales (NSW) lies in the heart of Western Sydney. There are major shops in the suburb and multiple schools. It lies in a convenient location that is close to everything.
If you’re considering sustainable energy options for your home in this vibrant area, exploring solar solutions could be a wise choice. Energy Matters offers free solar quotes tailored to your specific needs, helping you make a decision about harnessing clean energy for your household.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Fairfield Heights*
Total Installed Capacity in Fairfield Heights (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Fairfield Heights, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Fairfield Heights, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Fairfield Heights
The NSW government is working hard to meet its net zero goal, which makes renewable energy sources across the state even more affordable and accessible. It is predicted that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in the state by 2038, according to Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
This makes now the perfect time to start your solar journey. To find the best solar system in Fairfield Heights, you need to work with the best solar installer. There are many solar installers in Fairfield Heights, NSW, from which you can choose from.
We recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check them out on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system equipped with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system in Fairfield Heights is a good idea considering the fast-paced electrification today that will impact everybody’s future energy needs. By getting a bigger rooftop solar system in Fairfield Heights, you are more prepared, which will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Fairfield Heights, NSW
The NSW government continues to make solar energy more appealing and affordable though the available solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar is aimed at low-income households. This allows eligible homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3 kW solar system, which includes installation costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide you with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems across the country can get STCs. The STCs can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid from the solar system means you can get FiTs, which energy retailers will award. Your energy retailer is the one who will set the FiT rates.
The right solar system in Fairfield Heights
There are several important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Fairfield Heights. Some of them are:
- Roof condition: It’s important that your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Fairfield Heights.
- Roof angle: The ideal angle of your roof is tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home, get to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees around your property may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Fairfield Heights. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Fairfield Heights will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Fairfield Heights?
A solar battery in Fairfield Heights will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Fairfield Heights.
- Blackout protection: Fairfield Heights doesn’t experience frequent blackouts, but there’s no harm in being prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Fairfield Heights
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Fairfield Heights solar panels
A mid-range home in Fairfield Heights can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.