On This Page
Forster in New South Wales (NSW) is a coastal town that is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. It’s the perfect town to be if you want to escape busy beaches for solitude. In addition, it’s also a great place for a hike with many tracks that lead to lookouts with the most awesome views.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Forster*
Total Installed Capacity in Forster (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Forster, NSW
Compare solar panels in Forster
When switching to solar energy in Forster, it’s important to find the right solar installer first. The right solar installer in Forster will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, most solar installers in Forster have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, so it’s best to take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Forster as they are the ones who are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce high-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Model Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
In addition, Energy Matters has partnered with trusted solar panel manufacturers that we are proud to recommend to our customers. These recommended manufacturers are:
Whether you know which panels you want to install on your home or business or you’d rather discuss your options, we recommend that you begin your solar journey by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation solar quotes. Our network of trusted, local installers will provide personalised quotes for a system that will meet your current and future needs.
Forster’s average solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up, considering the pace of electrification in the country that is bound to impact future energy needs. By sizing up as early as now, you save more money in the long run. In addition, this is helpful when you purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Forster, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Forster may take advantage of solar power with the Swap for Solar. If eligible. Homeowners can swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
For households not eligible for the Swap for Solar, they may get a rebate swap instead. This will provide them with a free home energy assessment for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses in the country. These are tradable certificates that you or your solar installer in Forster can exchange for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system.
However, the number of STCs vary and will depend on the size of your solar system in Forster. Many homeowners opt to receive a point-of-sale discount off the overall cost of their solar system, which often results in thousands of dollars saved.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to homeowners who export excess energy back into the grid. Hence, it is the energy retailer who will set the rate for the FiT.
The right solar system in Forster
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Forster. They are:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in good condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Forster installed.
- Roof angle: The roof must be tiled at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To get the right solar system size for Forster, look into your previous energy bills to get a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may affect the efficiency of your solar panels in Forster. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer help find the perfect spot.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you get the best deal and selecting a solar installer you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery in Forster, NSW?
With a solar battery in Forster, you get to store energy from your solar panels that you can use on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night. Here are the reasons a solar battery is worth the investment:
- Energy independence: You can reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Forster.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Forster, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. You can protect yourself from this with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery will help you save more money by receiving credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Forster
The NSW Government continues to make EVs more affordable by reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold. As of now, they are offering $3,000 rebates for the first 25,000 new battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles with a dutiable value of less than $68,750. This is a great incentive paired with stamp duty abolition, and you can save up to $5,540 and help boost EV sales in NSW to more than 50 per cent by 2031.
Additionally, there are more EV models to be launched. Here are some benefits you can get when you switch to an EV in Forster, NSW:
- Lower costs: Saving money and the environment is even more possible when you switch to an EV. This is because an EV is more cost-effective to operate and simpler to maintain.
- Meet the country’s emissions target: Australia has a goal to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you will play an important role in achieving this goal.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the largest exporter of lithium? Solar batteries are mainly made of lithium, which allows for more opportunities for you and the market.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Forster solar panels
You can get a shorter return on investment in Forster in two to three years. However, this will still depend on your consumption. In addition, system downtime will result in extended payback periods and costs for repairs or replacements covered under warranty.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.