On This Page
Located at the base of Mount Archer, Frenchville in Queensland (QLD) is a family-friendly suburb with stunning views and cool mountain breezes. There are also magnificent creeks and walking tracks here, which makes it one of the most sought-after locations.
To explore the possibilities and receive personalised insights tailored to your home in Frenchville, you may want to consider obtaining free solar quotes from Energy Matters, a reputable provider committed to harnessing the power of the sun for a greener tomorrow.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Frenchville*
Total Installed Capacity inFrenchville (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Frenchville, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Frenchville, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Frenchville
With the wide adoption of solar in Australia today, it’s no surprise that Queensland is among the states in the country that are switching to renewable energy sources today. As a Frenchville homeowner, an effective way to take advantage of solar energy is by installing rooftop solar panels.
There is an increase in the number of solar installers in Frenchville today, and your first step in your solar power journey is to find the right solar installer. The right solar installer in Frenchville will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels. Additionally, they honour their warranties.
To know who these manufacturers are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly.
Remember that most solar installers in Frenchville have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it’s essential to take your time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a smart move to buy a bigger solar system in Frenchville initially. Electrification is widespread, which will eventually impact your future energy needs. When you have a bigger solar system, you can save more money in the long run.
Additionally, a bigger solar system in Frenchville can make room for a solar battery and an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Frenchville, QLD
Currently, there are no solar rebates available in Queensland yet, but there are incentives that make switching to solar worth it. To stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
Below are solar incentives available to Frenchville residents today:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be redeemed for cash and reduce the overall cost of the solar system. The amount of STCs vary based on the size and location of the rooftop solar panels in Frenchville.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers when they export excess energy back into the grid. The rates are based on your energy retailer. This is why you should take the time to compare energy retailers to ensure you get the best FiT rate.
The right solar system in Frenchville
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Frenchville, there are a few important factors to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Frenchville. Hiring a professional roof inspection service is an excellent solution to this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Frenchville, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Frenchville due to their shade. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Frenchville will help you find the right location for your property.
Your solar installer in Frenchville will also design a solar system to let you maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Frenchville?
When you have a solar battery in Frenchville, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you will have power during blackouts, overcast days or at night.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Frenchville.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are a major inconvenience; the good news is when you have a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can guarantee you will have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Springfield back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Frenchville today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Frenchville
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Frenchville. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Frenchville:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Frenchville solar panels
For a mid-range home in Frenchville, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.