On This Page
Gateshead in New South Wales (NSW) is a suburb that is part of the City of Lake Macquarie. It has several primary and high schools. It is part of the City of Lake Macquarie East ward.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gateshead*
Total Installed Capacity in Gateshead (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gateshead, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gateshead, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gateshead
Renewable sources across the state are more affordable and accessible as the NSW government continues to make efforts to meet its net zero goal. The Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in the state by 2038.
Now is the perfect time to start your solar journey. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Gateshead. There are many solar installers in Gateshead you can choose from.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system equipped with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Gateshead is a good idea because of the electrification that is sweeping across the country fast. When you get a bigger rooftop solar system in Gateshead, you are prepared for the changes to your future energy needs, at the same time, it will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gateshead, NSW
One of the ways the NSW government makes solar energy more affordable and appealing to homeowners today is by providing solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Eligible low-income households can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3 kW solar system, which includes installation costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide you with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems across Australia can get STCs. They can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy into the grid from your rooftop solar system, you can get FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and the ones who set the FiT rates.
The right solar system in Gateshead
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Gateshead.
- Roof condition: The condition of your roof is important; hence, it should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Gateshead.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees around your property may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Gateshead. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Gateshead will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Gateshead?
When you have a solar battery in Gateshead, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Gateshead.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today that can protect you from blackouts in Gateshead.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gateshead
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gateshead solar panels
A mid-range home in Gateshead can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.