On This Page
Gladstone City in Queensland (QLD) is known as the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. It is also famous for fishing, boating, and with coastal villages that make the city a great destination for holidaymakers and those who wish to settle in QLD.
It also boasts of ideal weather all year round; hence, there’s no wonder solar energy is booming here.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gladstone City*
Total Installed Capacity in Gladstone City (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gladstone City, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gladstone City, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gladstone City
Thinking of installing rooftop solar panels in Gladstone City? There are a few things to consider first, which we will discuss below.
The good news is that a solar installer in Gladstone City will help you find the right solar panels for you; and they will also consider your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
However, most solar installers in Gladstone City already have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular with the brand, then we suggest you compare several solar installers first.
At Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are financially stable that can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Trier 1 PV Module Manufacturers, that is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Queensland, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. However, you can install up to 33 per cent more panels than your inverter is rated at.
If you’re thinking of installing a solar battery or purchasing an electric vehicle, we recommend sizing up where possible. With the rapid pace of electrification in Australia that will impact your future energy needs, it’s something that makes a lot of sense now. When you upsize as early as now, you can save more money down the road.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gladstone City, QLD
Although Queensland doesn’t have available rebates yet for its residents, they are entitled to receive incentives in Gladstone City. These are:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be redeemed in exchange for cash. The cash is deducted from the cost of the solar system. In this case, the number of STCs you get will depend on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your chosen energy retailer in Gladstone City that will provide the FiTs. You can get FiTs when you send excess energy back into the grid. The rate of FiTs varies depending on the energy retailer; therefore, we highly recommend you compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Gladstone City
Here are the factors to consider to ensure you get the most out of your solar system in Gladstone City:
- Roof condition: Check your roof’s condition before you have rooftop solar panels installed on your roof. Your roof must be in good condition before installation.
- Roof angle: Your roof’s angle can impact the efficiency of your solar panels. The ideal angle is your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home, look into your previous monthly energy bills. Doing so will help you get an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures whether on your property or in your neighbour’s yard, can affect the efficiency of your solar panels. However, you don’t need to worry because your solar installer in Gladstone City will help you find the best position for your solar panels.
In addition, your solar installer in Gladstone City will design a system that will help maximise your roof space whilst considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Gladstone City?
A solar battery in Gladstone City will help you store excess energy from your solar panels that you can use at night or on cloudy days. There are now more brands on the market that offer solar batteries. Here are the benefits of having a solar battery today:
- Energy independence: It is known that the electrical grid is no longer stable, plus there is also the increase in energy rates. A good alternative to this is a solar battery in Gladstone City. A solar battery can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Gladstone City, but when they do, they can be a huge inconvenience. You can protect yourself from this with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you get credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Gladstone City back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gladstone City
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Gladstone City, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gladstone City solar panels
For a mid-range home in Gladstone City, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Brisbane now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.