On This Page
Brimming with heritage, Glen Innes in New South Wales (NSW) is a rural town that will captivate your heart. There are 30 heritage-listed buildings here and beautiful streets that look like they came straight out of postcards.
The town is also rich in Celtic history. Hence it is also referred to as Celtic County. Check out the Australian Standing Stones whilst you are here.
Glen Innes is definitely THE town where everybody knows everyone, and you’ll feel right at home.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Glen Innes*
Total Installed Capacity in Glen Innes (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Glen Innes, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Glen Innes, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Glen Innes
Around 14 per cent of households in Glen Inness have solar panels installed, as the area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Switching to solar energy is now the best time, and the first step is to find the right solar installer in Glen Innes.
Fortunately, there are many to choose from. Finding the right solar installer in Glen Innes will ensure you get a solar system based on your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
However, one thing to remember is that most solar installers in Glen Innes have preferred solar panel manufacturers. This is the reason you should gather multiple quotes first before you make a decision.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6. kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up where possible or on your initial purchase, considering the rapid electrification that’s taking place all over the nation.
With a bigger solar system, you can better accommodate your future energy needs, especially when you have plans to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle. In addition, getting a bigger solar system will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Glen Innes, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Glen Innes may be eligible for a Swap for Solar that will help them reduce their energy bills. They can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
On the other hand, those who are not eligible for Swap for Solar may still be able to get the benefits of solar energy. They can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades wherein homeowners can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC varies depending on the supply and demand in the market. Therefore, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Homeowners who export excess energy back into the grid will be given FiTs, which energy retailers provide. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Glen Innes
There are several important factors to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Glen Innes:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before you have rooftop solar panels installed in Glen Innes.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will ensure you have a clearer idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that will impact your solar system’s efficiency. Trimming them down is helpful, whilst your solar installer in Glen Innes will also help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Glen Innes, NSW?
A solar battery in Glen Innes will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Therefore, you’ll have energy during blackouts, throughout the night or on overcast days. Other benefits of a solar battery in Glen Innes are:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Glen Innes. This will also make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Glen Innes, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Glen Innes
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Glen Innes solar panels
A mid-range home in Glen Innes can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Melbourne now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.