On This Page
Glenorie, a charming suburb in New South Wales (NSW) is a hidden gem that beautifully marries rural tranquillity with the convenience of city living.
Nestled amidst the picturesque Hawkesbury region, this idyllic town offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
With a lush landscape, horse farms, and nearby bushland, Glenorie is a haven for nature enthusiasts and those looking for a peaceful countryside retreat.
The community spirit runs deep here, with friendly locals and local events that celebrate the town’s warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Glenorie*
Total Installed Capacity in Glenorie (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Glenorie, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Glenorie, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Glenorie
The state government’s initiatives to increase access to and lower the cost of renewable energy sources have led to an increase in the number of NSW families converting to solar power.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state will have installed PV capacity of more than 6,070 MW by 2038.
Choosing Glenorie’s top solar installer is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Therefore, your top priority should be selecting the best solar installer in Glenorie.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Glenorie will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Glenorie, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Families with low incomes may be qualified for subsidies that will pay for the installation of 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for money if you aren’t eligible for a Swap for Solar. You can be eligible for a free home energy study worth up to $4,000 by updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who have solar panels installed in their homes can easily obtain STCs. STCs are issued by the Australian Federal Government, but the market sets their price. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Glenorie
Glenorie property owners should consider the following aspects before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s essential to take your roof’s condition into account before installing rooftop solar panels in Glenorie.
- Roof angle: The suitable roof angle for a specific region is determined by the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy use: In order to determine how many solar panels you need for your home, you must know your typical monthly energy usage. Reviewing your prior energy bills is advised in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from surrounding trees or other buildings may make the solar panels on your roof less efficient. Speak with your Glenorie solar installer prior to deciding where to install your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Glenorie, NSW?
The electricity generated by the Glenorie rooftop solar panels can be stored with the inclusion of a solar battery. Possessing a solar battery offers several benefits:
- Energy Independence: Residents of Glenorie have the opportunity to attain full or substantial freedom from the grid’s dependence by installing a solar battery system.
- Blackout Resilience: While power outages are infrequent in Glenorie, solar batteries can enhance your preparedness for such rare events. The Tesla Powerwall stands out as one of the most popular solutions for this purpose.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Glenorie
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Glenorie solar panels
A mid-range home in Glenorie can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.