On This Page
Glenwood, situated in New South Wales (NSW) is a welcoming suburban enclave with a family-friendly atmosphere. This well-planned community offers a mix of modern living and convenience.
Glenwood boasts a range of parks, schools, and shopping centres, making it an ideal place for families to call home. The suburb’s lush green spaces and well-maintained streets provide a tranquil backdrop for residents, and it’s well-connected to neighbouring areas, making commuting a breeze.
Whether you’re looking for a peaceful place to settle down or a place to raise a family, Glenwood ticks many boxes.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Glenwood*
Total Installed Capacity in Glenwood (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Glenwood, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Glenwood, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Glenwood
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to improve accessibility and reduce the cost of renewable energy sources, more families in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is to find the best solar installer in Glenwood. Fortunately, Glenwood is home to a wide range of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Glenwood will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Glenwood, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households might qualify for subsidies that can be used to offset the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for money if you aren’t eligible for a Swap for Solar. You can be eligible for a free home energy study worth up to $4,000 by updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who have solar panels installed in their homes can easily obtain STCs. Homeowners in Glenwood are therefore protected by insurance. The Australian Federal Government awards STCs, but the price is determined by the supply and demand of the market. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Glenwood
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Glenwood property owners should take the following aspects into account:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Glenwood, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you will have to present your prior energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from neighbouring trees or other structures may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. Your Glenwood solar installer can help you choose the best position for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Glenwood, NSW?
You may store the energy produced by your Glenwood rooftop solar panels if you have a solar battery. Owning a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy independence: Glenwood residents can completely eliminate or significantly reduce their reliance on the grid by constructing a solar battery.
- Protection from blackouts: Even though power outages are uncommon in Glenwood, solar batteries can nevertheless make you more prepared for them when they do. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Glenwood
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Glenwood solar panels
A mid-range home in Glenwood can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.