On This Page
Goolmangar in New South Wales (NSW) is a quiet suburb that puts cows first. Two traditional cow crossings in the suburb allow farmers to move their stock from the pasture to the milking sheds. The suburb is mostly farming.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Goolmangar*
Total Installed Capacity in Goolmangar (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Goolmangar, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Goolmangar, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Goolmangar
NSW is seeing a significant number of homes that are switching to solar energy. This is because the NSW government is continuously working to make renewable energy sources more affordable and accessible across the state. The Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in the state by 2038.
This makes now the perfect time to start your solar journey. The first step here is to find the right solar installer in Goolmangar. Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Goolmangar that you can choose from.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system in Goolmangar is a smart move as electrification sweeps across the country. When you get a bigger rooftop solar system in Goolmangar, you are better prepared for the changes to your future energy needs. Also, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Goolmangar, NSW
One of the ways the NSW government is making solar energy affordable and appealing to homeowners is through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Eligible homeowners in low-income households can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3 kW solar system, including installation costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide you with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems across the country can get STCs, which can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Goolmangar
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Goolmangar:
- Roof condition: Your roof’s condition is important, which is why it should be in its best condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Goolmangar installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, look into your previous energy bills. This will help you find information regarding your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees around your property may cause shade, which can impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Goolmangar. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Goolmanger will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Goolmangar?
A solar battery in Goolmangar will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Then, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Goolmangar.
- Blackout protection: Protect your home from blackouts in Goolmangar. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries that will ensure you’re prepared for blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Goolmangar
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Goolmangar solar panels
A mid-range home in Goolmangar can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.