On This Page
The Jacaranda Capital of Australia, Grafton, boasts of heritage buildings that are beautifully preserved. Grafton is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region with beautiful Victorian and Edwardian architecture. Come springtime, Grafton turns into a beautiful area in NSW – straight out of a storybook! With over 2,000 jacaranda trees that line the streets, the shades of purple set a beautiful contrast that will make you want to whip out your cameras and soak up the gorgeous view. The residents of Grafton enjoy a temperate climate, making it an ideal place for solar power.
The Clarence River, where Grafton is located, has 5,707 rooftop solar panels installed under 10kW with a collective capacity of 31,579 kW.
With a temperate climate that graces Grafton year-round, it’s no wonder the residents are keen on harnessing solar energy.
Speaking of harnessing the sun’s power, consider exploring solar options for your home with Energy Matters. Their commitment to providing tailored solar solutions aligns perfectly with Grafton’s forward-thinking spirit. Learn more about the possibilities—get FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters and discover how you can contribute to the town’s eco-friendly legacy.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Grafton*
Total Installed Capacity in Grafton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Grafton, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Grafton, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Grafton
There are several factors to consider when choosing the right solar panels for your Grafton home. However, your energy needs, preference, and budget are the three important factors you need to consider.
Some homeowners are brand “conscious,” and if you’re one of them, we suggest you gather multiple quotes from solar installers in Grafton, NSW. The reason for this is that most solar installers already have a preferred solar manufacturer, and if you have a specific brand in mind, then looking around will work best.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you refer to the Bloomberg New Energy Finance list to get an idea of Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. We recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones that will honour warranties due to their financial stability; hence, they are on the list. Another thing is that tier 1 solar panel manufacturers provide higher quality solar panels today.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Switching to solar panels in Grafton, NSW, today has become so much easier and better as they have become more affordable. The costs of Grafton solar panels are expected to go down much further as more and more people have installed rooftop solar PV panels.
One of the things to consider when choosing solar panels for your Grafton home is their size. Consider the roof and the amount of energy that is allowable by your local electricity network.
In NSW, the average size of residential solar PV panels is 6.6 kW solar with a 5 kW inverter. However, if you consume a lot of energy, or you plan to get an Electric Vehicle (EV) or a solar battery, consider getting a bigger solar system size in Grafton as early as now.
We highly recommend you size up as much as possible, even if you don’t have immediate plans yet of getting an EV or a solar battery. With the fast-paced rate of electrification in the country, you will need to rely on solar more eventually.
Solar rebates and incentives in Grafton, NSW
The federal and NSW Government continues to make solar power affordable in the state. They provide solar rebates and incentives—the Solar for Low-Income Households Trial, Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs), and Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Grafton can access the Swap for Solar. This helps reduce energy bills by letting homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system that includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
There is a rebate swap for energy upgrades for households not eligible for a solar swap. With this, homeowners can get free home energy assessments for home appliances upgrades to the value of $4,000.
You can read more about these two schemes here.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to businesses and households in Grafton. You or your installer can exchange these tradable certificates for a discount on the solar system cost in Grafton, NSW.
Keep in mind that the amount of STCs you receive will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners prefer to receive a point-of-sale discount off the overall cost of their Grafton solar system, resulting in thousands of dollars saved. Your solar installer can take care of all of this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy providers to homeowners when they export excess energy that their solar system generates back into the grid. Therefore, your energy retailer will set the rate of your FiT. For this reason, we recommend comparing energy retailers to ensure you get the best FiT for your home.
The right solar system in Grafton
Other factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Grafton, NSW, are:
- Roof condition: Check your roof’s condition before installing solar panels. The roof should be in good shape.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled plays an important role here. Your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: How much energy do you consume every month? This is important because this will give you a clearer idea of the solar system size you should get for your Grafton property.
- Surrounding shade: Trees, shrubbery, and other structures can compromise the efficiency of your solar panels in Grafton, NSW. Make sure to trim trees or shrubbery. Your solar installer in Grafton will also help you find the best spot for your solar panels.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Grafton, NSW?
With a home solar battery storage in Grafton, NSW, you can store energy generated by the solar panels that you can use at night or on overcast days. Therefore, a solar storage battery is worth it, and there are several brands available today.
Here are the reasons a solar battery is a good investment:
- Energy independence: With rising electricity rates and reduced electrical grid reliability, a home solar battery is an excellent solution. When you have a solar battery in Grafton, you won’t be fully reliant on the grid because your home will be more or even fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare, but when they happen, they’re a huge hassle. Many solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can power your Grafton home when the rest of your street or suburb is without power. Solar panels in Grafton will charge your battery throughout the day, leaving you with energy to use throughout the day, and, depending on your usage, at night as well.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery will help you save more money by receiving credits for sharing power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Grafton
EVs are more affordable than ever; plus, there’s an influx of EV models that keep on coming to the Australian market. Even better, the NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. Keep in mind that the EV you’re buying must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combine it with the abolition of stamp duty, saving you up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get when you switch to EVs today:
- Lower costs: It goes without saying that EVs are more affordable because they are simpler to maintain and easier to run.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: if you’re thinking of how you can help Australia meet its goal of net zero by 2050, then getting an EV is one way to do it.
- More economic opportunities: With Australia being the biggest exporter of lithium in the world and EV batteries primarily made of lithium, you get to support the lithium industry better.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Grafton solar panels
A mid-range home in Grafton can have a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your usage pattern and energy consumption.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.