On This Page
Gundamaian in New South Wales (NSW) is a locality in the Royal National Park. The suburb is also known for the 4km out-and-back Fire Trail.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gundamaian*
Total Installed Capacity in Gundamaian (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gundamaian, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gundamaian, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gundamaian
There is a growing number of homes in NSW that is switching to solar energy due to the NSW government’s efforts to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable across the state. The Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in the state by 2038.
Now is the perfect time to start your solar journey, and your first step is find the right solar installer in Gundamaian. There are many solar installers in Gundamaian that you can choose from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gundamaian, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to make solar energy more affordable and appealing.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW system, including installation costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems across Australia are eligible to get STCs. They can be trades in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Gundamaian
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Gundamaian:
- Roof condition: The condition of your roof is important before installing rooftop solar panels in Gundamaian.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can do this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees around your property may cause shade, which can affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Gundamaian. You can trim them down and your solar installers in Gundamaian will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Gundamaian?
When you have a solar battery in Gundamaian, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Gundamaian.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Gundamaian, but a solar battery will ensure you’re prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries in Gundamaian you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gundamaian
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gundamaian solar panels
A mid-range home in Gundamaian can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.