On This Page
Situated on Namoi River, Gunnedah in New South Wales (NSW) is a vibrant country town. It has a lot of culture, museums, and memorials that honour its history. The town also has a lot of koalas, and you will find them at the Waterways Wildlife Park.
For those interested in harnessing the abundant Australian sunshine, consider exploring solar energy options. Energy Matters offers free solar quotes, allowing you to seamlessly integrate eco-friendly solutions into the fabric of this picturesque community.
Now, let’s delve into the eco-conscious initiatives that complement Gunnedah’s natural beauty.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gunnedah*
Total Installed Capacity in Gunnedah (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gunnedah, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gunnedah, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gunnedah
Finding the right solar system in Gunnedah is important, and to do that, you need to work with the right solar installer. The solar installer will help you choose the right system for your home by considering your energy needs, preference, and budget. However, most solar installers in Gunnedah have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, so if you are particular with the brand, shopping around would be helpful.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
Refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance List, which is updated every year to know who these Tier 1 manufacturers are.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. We recommend getting a bigger solar system if you can to prepare for the rapid pace of electrification that is taking place in Australia. This will also be helpful if you plan to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gunnedah, NSW
The NSW government has made solar energy even more affordable by providing rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Gunnedah may be eligible for Swap for Solar that will allow them to reduce their energy bills. It lets homeowners in Gunnedah swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Gunnedah residents who are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will enable them to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to all Australians, and their value depend on the supply and demand in the market. Every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and their total value will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system in Gunnedah.
Feed-in Tariff (FiTs)
FiTs are paid by energy providers to homeowners when they export excess energy into the grid.
The right solar system in Gunnedah
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Gunnedah today. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in good condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Gunnedah.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can do this by checking your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade and impact the efficiency of your solar system in Gunnedah. Your solar installer will help you find the right location, whilst trimming them down will be beneficial.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Gunnedah, NSW?
A home solar battery storage in Gunnedah will allow you to store energy generated by your solar system that you can use on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts. Here are some of its benefits in detail:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Gunnedah.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Gunnedah rarely occur, but when they do, they can be inconvenient. You can get a solar battery to ensure you’re prepared should something like this arise. Check out the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Gunnedah today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gunnedah
The NSW Government is also making efforts to make EVs more affordable. They are reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, the EV must be eligible, which means that it should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combine this with the abolition of stamp duty; then, you get savings of up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are simpler to maintain and more affordable to run. Therefore, you get to save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. Be part of this simply by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the whole world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium? Therefore, when you get an EV, you can support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gunnedah solar panels
A mid-range home in Gunnedah can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s important to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.