On This Page
Gwynneville is an inner city suburb of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. It is a popular choice for students and young professionals, as it is close to the University of Wollongong and has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes. The suburb is also home to a number of parks and sporting facilities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gwynneville*
Total Installed Capacity in Gwynneville (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Gwynneville, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gwynneville, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gwynneville
As a result of the NSW government’s efforts to make renewable energy sources more widely available and cheap, an increasing number of residences in the state are converting to solar power. By 2038, residential homes in the state will have a total installed capacity of 6,070 MW of PV systems, according to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
Finding the ideal solar installer in Gwynneville should be your first step if you want to go on your solar journey right now. You can pick from a wide variety of solar installers in Gwynneville.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gwynneville, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and appealing, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households have the option of exchanging their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW system with installation expenses.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
You can get a rebate exchange for energy upgrades if you’re not qualified for swap for Solar. Free home energy evaluations will be offered for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000 through this.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
All Australian homeowners who own solar systems are eligible to receive STCs. They could be exchanged for a reduction in the up-front costs of installing a solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Gwynneville
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Gwynneville, you should take a few crucial factors into account:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Gwynneville, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: Your home’s roof should ideally be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of the area where it is situated.
- Energy consumption: You must know your average monthly energy consumption in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. Looking at your prior energy bills will help you with this.
- Surrounding shade: Trees near your home may cast shade, which could reduce the effectiveness of the solar panels on your roof in Gundamaian. Your solar installers in Gwynneville will assist in locating the ideal location for your rooftop solar panels, and you can cut them down if necessary.
Do you need a solar battery in Gwynneville, NSW?
In Gwynneville, you can store the power produced by your rooftop solar panels if you have a solar battery.
- Energy independence: In Gwynneville, a solar battery can help you become less reliant on the grid and completely self-sufficient in terms of energy.
- Protection from blackouts: Although they are uncommon in Gwynneville, having a solar battery will ensure you are ready. One of the solar batteries you may buy today is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gwynneville
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gwynneville solar panels
A mid-range home in Gwynneville can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.