On This Page
Hamilton in Victoria emits a relaxed, country atmosphere. A thriving farming district, there are signature events that shouldn’t be missed, such as the Sheepvention Rural Expo and the Dunkeld Races. Here, you can experience the wonders of nature, along with the fascinating arts and culture, and delicious food.
As you savor the essence of this relaxed country atmosphere, consider exploring sustainable options like solar energy to contribute to the preservation of nature.
If you’re curious about how solar can complement the tranquility of Hamilton, you may want to get FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters, a step towards a greener future that aligns seamlessly with the essence of this picturesque locale.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Hamilton*
Total Installed Capacity in Hamilton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Hamilton, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Hamilton, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Hamilton
Hamilton households and businesses are slowly switching to solar energy as renewable sources in Australia are abundant. If you’re planning to make a switch, finding the right solar installer for your property is crucial. With the right solar installer in Hamilton, they will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs.
However, most solar installers in Hamilton have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, then it’s best you shop around for quotes before making your final decision. After all, rooftop solar panels in Hamilton can last you for years, and you want to make the most out of them every single day.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and will likely honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For the past ten years, the costs of solar panels in Victoria have reduced significantly. Therefore, Hamilton homeowners and business owners can look forward to more affordable solar systems.
Most homes in Victoria have a 6.6 kW of solar panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend sizing up where possible, especially due to the rapid pace of electrification in the country that will impact your future energy needs. It’s also more practical if you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
By getting a bigger solar system in Hamilton now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Hamilton, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are a form of rebate available to Australians with solar panels. You can get them when you purchase a solar system. The number of STCs you get varies, and you can exchange them for cash.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Hamilton may get a rebate of up o $1,400 off the cost of their solar panels. Whilst those with solar batteries may get a rebate of up to $2,950. Furthermore, those with solar hot water systems may get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided when you export excess energy back to the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
To earn the highest FiT, the peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Hamilton
To ensure you get the best solar system in Hamilton, there are important things you need to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof in Hamilton must be in perfect condition. So, you need to check it first, or better yet, have a professional inspect it before you install rooftop solar panels.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Hamilton, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can compromise the efficiency of your solar system in Hamilton. One way to address this is to trim them down. Also your solar installer in Hamilton will also help you find the best location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Hamilton, VIC?
With a solar battery, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Hamilton. You can use the stored energy to power your home at night, on overcast days, or during blackouts. Some of the other benefits you can get from a solar battery in Hamilton are:
- Energy independence: The electric grid is unstable, and energy prices are at an all-time high. With a solar battery, you can reduce your grid dependency and even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Hamilton. However, you don’t want to be caught in the dark for a significant period when they do, as it can vibe inconvenient. You can prepare for this when you install a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
Today, you can find many brands and types of solar batteries in Hamilton, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Hamilton
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Hamiltonl. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Hamilton solar panels
For a mid-range home in Hamilton, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.