On This Page
Railway town Harden in New South Wales (NSW) is filled with old-world charm and is a twin town of Murrumburrah. The town is surrounded by vineyards and is famous for the Harden Kite Festival.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Harden*
Total Installed Capacity in Harden (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Harden, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Harden, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Harden
In Harden, solar energy is growing. Currently, there is approximately 18 per cent of households with rooftop solar panels here. Making the switch to solar power in Harden has never been easier and more affordable than this time.
There are many solar installers in Harden you can choose from. It’s essential you take the time to find the right one who will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
That’s why Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Remember, most solar installers in Harden have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, buying a bigger solar system can prepare you for the impact of the fast-growing electrification in Australia on n your energy needs. When you have a bigger solar system in Harden, you have more room to generate power from the sun, especially when you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Harden, NSW
As mentioned, now is an ideal time to switch to solar energy in Harden with the growing number of solar installers to choose from and its affordability. The NSW government continues to make an effort to make renewable energy affordable in NSW through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households can get solar energy through Swap for Solar. This allows them to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. Through this, you get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Harden, you are entitled to receive STCs. You can trade them in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer will give you FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. Hence, they will also be the ones to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Harden
Below are the important things to consider to help you get the right rooftop solar panels in Harden today:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Harden.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Harden property, get a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade that will affect the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Harden will also help find the perfect spot for your rooftop PV panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Harden, NSW?
A home solar battery storage in Harden will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Harden. With this, you can guarantee you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: With a solar system in Harden, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Harden, but there’s nothing wrong with being prepared. Like the Tesla Powerwall, a solar battery can ensure you have power during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Harden
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Harden solar panels
A mid-range home in Harden can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Baulkham Hills solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Camden whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in North Batemans Bay that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.