On This Page
Inverell in New South Wales (NSW) is known for its diamonds, tin, sapphires, and zircons. It also has its share of natural beauties as well, such as parklands and lakes. The area is also becoming a place for those who are seeking a regional lifestyle.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Inverell*
Total Installed Capacity in Inverell (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Inverell, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Inverell, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Inverell
Inverell is one of the places in NSW that are getting a rising number of households and businesses that are switching to solar energy. If you’re one of them, the first thing to do is find the right solar installer in Inverell, NSW.
With the right solar installer in Inverell, your energy needs, budget, and personal preferences will be considered. However, most solar installers in Inverell have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, then it’s best you shop around and compare solar installers in Inverell first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Inverell, NSW. They are financially stable who will honour their warranties.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend sizing up where possible, considering today’s electrification in the country, which will impact your future energy needs. Sizing up as early as now will help you save more money and prepare you should you get a solar battery or an electric vehicle in the future. Overall, you can save more money in the long run when you size up as early as now.
Solar rebates and incentives in Inverell, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Inverell may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. This will reduce energy bills by letting homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for a solar swap; you can get a rebate swap instead. This will let you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to businesses and households in Inverell, NSW. You or your solar installer can trade STCs for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system.
The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners choose to receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system in Inverell. As a result, this will result in thousands of money saved. Your solar installer in Inverell will take care of all this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The energy providers are the ones who provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy into the grid. With this, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Inverell
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Inverell, NSW. They are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Inverell installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Inverell, you need to know your average monthly consumption. The best way to do this is to look into your previous energy bills to get a clear idea of how much you consume monthly.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can affect the efficiency of your solar system. Your solar installer in Inverell can help you find the right location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Inverell, NSW?
A solar battery in Inverell will let you keep energy from your solar system in Inverell. You can use this power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you get a solar battery in Inverell, NSW.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Inverell rarely happen, but they can be inconvenient. You can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Inverell
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Inverell solar panels
A mid-range home in Inverell can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, which will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.