On This Page
Located in the South East Queensland region, Ipswich is a multicultural city and Queensland’s oldest provincial city. The streets are lined with well-preserved historical buildings and homes that will put you under its spell. Its subtropical climate perfectly complements the laid-back lifestyle in Ipswich, QLD.
Solar energy is also booming here, with around 29 per cent of homes in Ipswich have rooftop solar panels.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Ipswich*
Total Installed Capacity in Ipswich (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Ipswich, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Ipswich, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Ipswich
If you’re thinking of installing rooftop solar panels for your Ipswich home, there are a few things to keep in mind. An Ipswich installer will help you with the decision-making process when choosing the right solar panels for you. They will take into account your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
However, it’s essential to remember that most solar installers in Ipswich, QLD already have their choice of solar panel manufacturer. Hence, if you have a preferred brand of solar panel, then it’s best you compare multiple quotes from installers.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because these are financially stable ones that can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know the Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Ipswich, you can refer to Bloomberg New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Queensland, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Let’s say you consume more energy than an average home, or perhaps, you are thinking of adding a solar battery or an electric vehicle. In that case, it’s a better idea to install a bigger solar system.
We highly recommend sizing up, especially as electrification in Australia continues to move forward rapidly. Changes are happening that will impact your future electricity needs. By upsizing as early as now, you get to save more money (and time!) down the road.
Solar rebates and incentives in Ipswich, QLD
Although Queensland doesn’t offer solar rebates yet for its residents, you are still entitled to receive solar incentives in Ipswich that will be significant to your savings.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are redeemed for cash that is then deducted from the cost of your solar system in Ipswich. It works like a coupon when you install a solar panel. However, the number of STCs vary and will be based on the size of your solar system and its location.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given by your energy retailer. You are eligible for FiTs via the excess energy from your solar panels that are sent back into the grid. It works like a passive income for you when you switch to solar in Ipswich.
That’s why we can’t emphasise enough how crucial it is to compare energy retailers.
The right solar system in Ipswich
To get the most out of your solar system in Ipswich, here are other factors you should consider:
- Roof condition: What is the condition of your roof? As much as possible, have your roof inspected by a professional first before you have solar panels installed in Ipswich.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled can affect the efficiency of your solar panels. Ideally, it should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: You need to be able to gauge how much you will pay for every month when you switch to solar. To do this, look into your previous monthly energy bills to have a clear idea of your average energy consumption to prepare for the costs.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may affect the efficiency of your solar panels. Trimming them down can solve the issue; your solar installer in Ipswich will also help you find the best location and position for your solar panels.
Your solar installer in Ipswich will design a system to ensure you get to maximise your roof space whilst considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Ipswich?
A solar storage battery in Ipswich will enable you to store your excess energy from your solar panels so you can use it at night or on overcast days. There are now more brands on the market that offer solar batteries. And if you’re thinking about it, below are some benefits that might just convince you to finally make that purchase:
- Energy independence: The electrical grid isn’t stable, and there is also an increase in electricity rates. With a solar battery in Ipswich, you can reduce your dependency on the grid, make your home fully self-sufficient, and save more energy bills.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Ipswich, but they are a major inconvenience. Ensure you’re protected from the unexpected with a solar battery. Fortunately, there are now a lot of solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, that can help power your home during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Ipswich back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Ipswich
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents to afford renewable energy. Now, they continue to make efforts for EVs in which Queenslanders can get up to $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. In addition, they also have plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
EV owners also have lower stamp duty to pay for—EVs that are up to $100,00 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. To date, it is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Presently, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you want to get an EV in Ipswich, you’re in for a lot of cost-savings; plus, you get other benefits like the ones below:
- Lower costs: When it comes to running and maintenance, EVs are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on the way to reaching net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Ipswich solar panels
For a mid-range home in Ipswich, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Brisbane now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.