On This Page
Jindabyne in New South Wales (NSW) is an alpine town on top of Lake Jindabyne at the edge of the Snowy Mountains. It’s the perfect spot for skiers and snowboarders and is also popular for hiking, fishing, water sports, and many more activities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Jindabyne*
Total Installed Capacity in Jindabyne (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Jindabyne, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Jindabyne, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Jindabyne
If you’re planning to switch to solar energy in Jindabyne, you need to find the right solar installer first. The right solar installer in Jindabyne will consider your energy need, personal preference, and budget. Remember that most solar installers in Jindabyne have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, it’s essential to take the time to shop around first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Jindabyne. These financially stable manufacturers can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels. You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance list, which is updated yearly.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NSW, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. We recommend sizing up where possible to keep up with the fast-paced electrification that will impact your future energy needs. This is also a great move should you get a solar battery or an electric vehicle in Jindabyne. Sizing up as early as now can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Jindabyne, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Jindabyne may access Swap for Solar. It’s a program that helps reduce energy bills by letting homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Solar Swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will enable you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to all Aussies with solar panels installed on their property. The value of an STC will depend on its supply and demand on the market. Keep in mind that every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs and its total value will be deducted from the overall value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers pay FiTs to homeowners when they end excess energy into the grid. It can be used for properties that require more electricity. Your energy retailer will set the rate of your FiT.
The right solar system in Jindabyne
There are factors to consider to ensure the right solar system in Jindabyne. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Jindabyne.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle must be tilted at the same angle the latitude of your property.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, check your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your average monthly consumption rate.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may affect the efficiency of your solar system in Jindabyne. Trimming them down is a good thing to, whilst your solar installer will also help you find the right location for your solar system in Jindabyne.
Do you need a solar battery in Jindabyne, NSW?
A solar battery in Jindabyne will allow you to store energy generated by the solar system you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or on overcast days.
- Energy independence: The instability of the electrical grid has driven energy prices to rise; you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Jindabyne rarely occur, but you can protect your home from one with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall .
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
The good news is that there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Jindabyne, NSW.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Jindabyne
EVs are on the rise, and the NSW Government is making EVs more accessible to Jindabyne residents. Currently, the NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, to be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Paired with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are some of the excellent benefits you can get when you switch to EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you get to save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this great mission by simply switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world; EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. As a result, with an EV, you can better support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Jindabyne solar panels
A mid-range home in Jindabyne can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, your energy consumption and usage pattern are important to consider as well.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.