On This Page
Kariong is a small town in the Central Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. It is a quiet and relaxed town with a friendly community. The town is known for its beautiful scenery, its proximity to the Watagan Mountains, and its many sporting and recreational facilities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kariong*
Total Installed Capacity in Kariong (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Kariong, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kariong, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kariong
More homes in the state are switching to solar power as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable. According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the installed PV capacity for residential buildings in the state will reach 6,070 MW by 2038.
If you want to begin your solar adventure right away, finding the best solar installer in Kariong should be your first step. In Kariong, there are many different solar installers from which to choose.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kariong, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to increase the accessibility and popularity of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates can be exchanged for a 3kW system with installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you do not meet the requirements for a solar swap, you can get a refund exchange for energy upgrades. For home appliance upgrades up to $4,000, free home energy audits will be provided.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to all Australian homeowners with solar systems. They might be traded for a decrease in the initial expenses associated with building a solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Kariong
You should consider a few important aspects before installing rooftop solar panels in Kariong:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Kariong.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for your house is equal to the latitude of the area in which it is located.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. This is where looking at your previous energy bills will be helpful.
- Surrounding shade: Trees close to your house may cast shade, which can make the solar panels on your roof less efficient in Kariong. Your Kariong solar installers will help you choose the best spot for your rooftop solar panels, and you can trim them down if required.
Do you need a solar battery in Kariong, NSW?
If you have a solar battery in Kariong, you may store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: In Kariong, a solar battery can assist you in being totally energy-independent and less dependent on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Having a solar battery will ensure you are prepared, despite the fact that they are rare in Kariong. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kariong
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kariong solar panels
A mid-range home in Kariong can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.