Solar Power In Katoomba, NSW, 2780
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Katoomba (postcode: 2780) and the Blue Mountains region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Katoomba not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Katoomba
New South Wales, 2780
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Katoomba , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Blue Mountains region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Katoomba's solar energy resources
On average, Katoomba receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.36 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Katoomba should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 18° to 28° and the optimal angle is 23°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Katoomba
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Katoomba and is based on components well suited to Sydney - Outer West and Blue Mountains area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Katoomba: 6.237 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.3588 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.1692 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2277 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $683 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Katoomba
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Katoomba: 12.474 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.7176 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.3384 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4554 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1366 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Katoomba
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Katoomba: 20.79 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.196 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.564 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7590 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2277 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Katoomba
Solar installations in Katoomba, NSW, 2780
There are 770 solar PV installations in Katoomba's postcode, 2780, totaling 1916.97 kW of capacity. The 2780 postcode accounts for 0.05% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Katoomba area.
The average system size in Katoomba is 2.49kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Katoomba's postcode area are generating an average of 8358 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $75222 monthly and $915200 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2780 postcode is enough to fully power 532 Australian homes.
Katoomba solar carbon offset
System owners in Katoomba's postcode are collectively avoiding 3051 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1220 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 438 - 1095 cars off Katoomba's roads.
Katoomba, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Katoomba information
Katoomba's coordinates are -33.714043,150.311589 and its weather station is located at Katoomba. Katoomba weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Katoomba: 4.36 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 1.96 m/s
- Air pressure: 97.50 kPa
- Humidity: 77.12%
- Air temperature: 11.58 degrees C
- Earth temperature:16.77 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Katoomba
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Katoomba households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Katoomba and the Blue Mountains region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Katoomba hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Katoomba
Join Katoomba's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Katoomba and the Blue Mountains region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.