On This Page
Kelso, a peaceful suburb in New South Wales (NSW), offers a tranquil residential escape on the doorstep of the vibrant city of Bathurst.
Nestled in the picturesque Central Tablelands, Kelso provides a serene setting with its leafy streets and a strong sense of community. The neighbourhood’s tranquil ambience makes it an attractive choice for those who desire a balance between urban convenience and a quiet residential lifestyle.
Surrounded by scenic landscapes, Kelso offers easy access to the natural beauty of the region, including the Macquarie River and nearby reserves. The town’s amenities, schools, and shopping options make it a comfortable place to call home for families and individuals alike. With its friendly neighbours and peaceful vibe, Kelso is an inviting destination for those looking to embrace a suburban lifestyle in a relaxed, community-oriented setting.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kelso*
Total Installed Capacity in Kelso (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Kelso, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kelso, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kelso
The state government’s efforts to improve access to and lower the cost of renewable energy sources have led to a rise in the number of NSW residences converting to solar power.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state is anticipated to have installed PV capacity of more than 6,070 MW by 2038.
Choosing the best solar installer in Kelso is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Therefore, your top priority should be selecting the finest solar installer in Kelso.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Kelso will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kelso, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Families with low incomes may be qualified for subsidies that would pay for the installation of 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for cash if you don’t meet the requirements for a Swap for Solar. You can be eligible for a free home energy assessment worth up to $4,000 by updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with solar panels installed in their homes may easily obtain STCs. STCs are issued by the Australian Federal Government, but the market sets their price. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Kelso
Property owners in Kelso should consider the following things before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Kelso.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for that region is determined by the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your house, you must know how much electricity you typically consume each month. Reviewing your prior energy bills is advised in this situation.
- Shade from the surroundings: The efficiency of the solar panels on your roof may be impacted by nearby trees or other structures that cast shade. Have a conversation with your Kelso solar installer before deciding where to place your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Kelso, NSW?
The energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Kelso might be stored using a solar battery. The benefits of owning a solar battery are as follows:
- Energy Independence: By putting in a solar battery system, Kelso homeowners are capable of detaching itself entirely or in parts from the grid.
- Blackout protection: Even if there aren’t many power outages in Kelso, solar batteries can help you be better prepared for these unanticipated events. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most widely used solar batteries.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kelso
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kelso solar panels
A mid-range home in Kelso can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.