On This Page
Kenmore is a riverside suburb in Queensland (QLD) filled with many trees and quiet streets. It’s a family-friendly suburb with excellent shops, restaurants, and closeby transport.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kenmore*
Total Installed Capacity in Kenmore (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Kemore, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kenmore, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kenmore
Known as the “sunshine state,” QLD isn’t falling short in ensuring that they live to its name. The state is on track to meet its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030.
According to the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across the state at the beginning of the year.
Undoubtedly, solar energy is growing significantly across the state, making it the perfect time to switch to solar in Kenmore. The first step is to find a solar installer in Kenmore who will consider your budget, energy needs, and personal preference. The good news is, there are many solar installers in Kenmore you can choose from.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. With their high bankability, you can guarantee that they can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check them out on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
As electrification sweeps across the country, it makes sense to consider getting a bigger solar system as early as now. Doing so will save you more energy and prepare you for its impact to your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kenmore, QLD
There is no state rebate in QLD as of now, but you can still take advantage of nationwide rebates and incentives.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be used as a discount to reduce the upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels in Kenmore. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers in Australia are the ones who provide the FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Kenmore
There are a few things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Kenmore.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be excellent before installing rooftop solar panels in Kenmore. Hiring a professional roof inspector to help you with this is smart.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Kenmore home, get your average monthly energy consumption. This will provide you with information on your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which can affect the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Kenmore can choose the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Kenmore will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Kenmore
When you have a solar battery in Kenmore, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Below are the benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependence with a solar battery in Kenmore. This can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: There are a lot of solar batteries you can get today, like the Tesla Powerwall. This can help protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Kenmore back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Kenmore, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kenmore
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Kenmore.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kenmore solar panels
For a mid-range home in Kenmore, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.