On This Page
Koonawarra is a suburb of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. It is a quiet and relaxed suburb with a friendly community. The suburb is known for its beautiful scenery, proximity to the Illawarra escarpment, and many sporting and recreational facilities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Koonawarra*
Total Installed Capacity in Koonawarra (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Koonawarra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Koonawarra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Koonawarra
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable, more residences in the state are switching to solar power. The installed PV capacity for residential structures in the state will reach 6,070 MW by 2038, predicts Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
Finding the top solar installation in Koonawarra should be your first move if you want to start your solar journey right away. There are numerous solar installers to select from in Koonawarra.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Koonawarra, NSW
The NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives to enhance solar energy’s accessibility and acceptance.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
You can get a refund in return for energy upgrades if you don’t qualify for a solar swap. Free home energy audits are offered for appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
All Australian homeowners who have solar systems are eligible for STCs. They might be exchanged for a reduction in the cost of installing a solar system upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Koonawarra
A few crucial factors should be taken into account before installing rooftop solar panels in Koonawarra:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Koonawarra, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the region in which your home is located is equal to the appropriate roof angle for that area.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. Your previous energy bills will be useful in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Trees near your home may cast shade, which could reduce the effectiveness of the solar panels on your roof in Koonawarra. Your rooftop solar panels should be placed in the optimum location possible, which you may adjust with the assistance of your Koonawarra solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Koonawarra, NSW?
You may store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in Koonawarra if you have a solar battery.
- Energy independence: In Koonawarra, a solar battery can help you become completely independent of energy sources and rely less on the power grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Even if they are uncommon in Koonawarra, having a solar battery will ensure you are ready. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Koonawarra
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Koonawarra solar panels
A mid-range home in Koonawarra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.