On This Page
Kurrajong in New South Wales (NSW) is known for its peaceful atmosphere, thanks to its many beautiful natural surroundings. Many people come here who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Aside from this, the town has amazing views of the Sydney basin.
For those considering sustainable energy solutions to further enhance the town’s harmony with nature, exploring solar options is a thoughtful step. To discover the possibilities for solar installations tailored to your needs, consider obtaining free solar quotes from Energy Matters,
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kurrajong*
Total Installed Capacity in Kurrajong (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Kurrajong, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kurrajong, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kurrajong
Kurrajong is also a hot spot for solar energy; as the country transitions to net zero, there are around 15 per cent of households with rooftop solar panels here. This is also due to the sufficient amount of peak sun per day that the town receives, which is approximately 4.8 hours.
Now, if you’re ready to make that switch, you need to find the right solar installer in Kurrajong, NSW today. The thing is, it can be an overwhelming process due to the number of solar installers to choose from today.
That’s why Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are financially stable that can honour their warranties. Additionally, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
An important thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Kurrajong have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, if you are particular about the brand, it’s essential to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You are allowed to install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
In addition, we also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. As electrification in the country is increasing rapidly, it only makes sense that homeowners are prepared for this future impact on their energy needs.
With a bigger solar system, you can accommodate your energy needs in the future, especially when you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kurrajong, NSW
The NSW government continues to make solar energy affordable by providing rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Kurrajong may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. This lets homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. In turn, you can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
A solar system in Kurrajong means you’re entitled to get STCs. The value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market. You can exchange the STC to get a discount on the installation cost of your solar system in Kurrajong. As a result, you can save more money.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
You can get FiTs from your energy retailer when you export excess energy back into the grid. With that, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Kurrajong
There are several things to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Kurrajong, NSW. They are the following:
- Roof condition: It’s crucial that your roof is in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Kurrajong.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of the location of your home.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Kurrajong, you need to gauge your average monthly energy consumption. Therefore, you need to look into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or other structure may cause shade that will impact your solar panel efficiency. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Kurrajong will help you find the right spot.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Kurrajong, NSW?
A solar battery storage in Kurrajong can help you store energy generated by your solar system. With this, you can have power on overcast days, throughout the night or doing blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Kurrajong.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries today, like the Tesla Powerwal, will allow you to have power even during blackouts in Kurrajong.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kurrajong
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kurrajong solar panels
A mid-range home in Kurrajong can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.