On This Page
Kurwongbah in Queensland (QLD) is a rural suburb in which it is alleged that its name was taken from the Kabi name for Sideling Creek, which means “black duck.” Lake Kurwongbah is also found here that is home to various birds, fish, and native animals, making it an ideal retreat for those who love to be in the water and enjoy nature.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kurwongbah*
Total Installed Capacity in Kurwongbah (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Kurwongbah, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kurwongbah, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kurwongbah
Living up to its name, “sunshine state”, Queensland’s solar power is growing significantly. The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) recorded over 900,000 small-scale solar systems installed across QLD at the beginning of 2023, putting the state on track to achieve its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity by 2030.
This makes it now the best time to switch to solar energy because of its accessibility, and is more affordable than ever. The first step in your solar journey is to find a solar installer in Kurwongbah. There are many solar installers in Kurwogbah that you can choose from.
Choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers is highly recommended. These are manufacturers with high bankability who can honour their warranties. You can check them out on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
As electrification sweeps across the country, Energy Matters recommends getting a bigger solar system because this will impact your future energy needs. Buying a bigger solar system as early as now can help you save more money and be ready for the changes ahead.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kurwongbah, QLD
There is no available state rebate in QLD, but nationwide rebates and incentives are available to homeowners with rooftop solar panels.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be traded for cash and used as a discount to reduce the upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system in Kurwongbah.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers in Australia are the ones who provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid.
The right solar system in Kurwongbah
When installing rooftop solar panels in Kurwongbah, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Kurwongbah.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Kurwongbah, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. This will provide you with information on your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that can affect the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Kurwongbah will find the best spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Kurwongbah will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Kurwongbah
When you have a solar battery in Kurwongbah, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Additionally, you can reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Kurwongbah. This can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: There are many solar batteries in Kurwongbah, such as the Tesla Powerwall, that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Sunnybank back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Kurwongbah, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kurwongbah
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Kurwongbah.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kurwongbah solar panels
For a mid-range home in Kurwongbah, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.