On This Page
Kyogle is a picturesque town nestled in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. Known for its lush landscapes, rolling hills, and friendly small-town atmosphere, Kyogle invites you to experience the beauty and tranquillity of rural Australia.
Surrounded by the stunning Border Ranges National Park, this charming town offers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
With its rich history, vibrant arts scene, and a range of outdoor activities, Kyogle is a hidden gem waiting to be explored.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kyogle*
Total Installed Capacity in Kyogle (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Kyogle, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kyogle, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kyogle
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to increase accessibility and lower the price of renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
Finding the finest solar installer in Kyogle is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. The time to switch to solar energy is now, and Kyogle has a wide selection of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Kyogle will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kyogle, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to make solar energy more affordable and acceptable.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates may be exchanged for a 3kW system with installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you don’t meet the requirements for a solar swap, you might be able to exchange energy-saving upgrades for a rebate. When you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value, you’ll receive a free home energy analysis.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to every Australian homeowner who has a solar system. They might be removed in favour of setting up a solar system since it will be less expensive upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Kyogle
Kyogle homeowners should consider the following factors before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Kyogle.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You must consult your prior energy bills in this situation.
- Surrounding Shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. You can get help determining where to place your rooftop solar panels from your Kyogle solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Kyogle, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Kyogle can be stored:
- Energy independence: By using a solar battery, residents of Kyogle can lessen or do away with their reliance on the grid.
- Protection from power outages: Even though power outages are uncommon in Kyogle, solar batteries can help you be ready for them when they occur. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries that are now available for purchase.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kyogle
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kyogle solar panels
A mid-range home in Kyogle can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.