Solar Power In Launceston, TAS, 7250
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Tasmania, including Launceston (postcode: 7250) and the Launceston region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout TAS.
Launceston not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Launceston
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Launceston , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Launceston region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Tasmania team on 133-SUN.
Launceston's solar energy resources
On average, Launceston receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.80 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Launceston should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 26° to 36° and the optimal angle is 31°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Launceston
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Launceston and is based on components well suited to Launceston and North East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Launceston: 5.4378 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.0142 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.9532 kWh**
- Average annual output: 1984 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $595 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Launceston
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Launceston: 10.8756 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.0284 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.9064 kWh**
- Average annual production: 3969 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1190 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Launceston
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Launceston: 18.126 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 6.714 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.844 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6615 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $1984 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Launceston
Solar installations in Launceston, TAS, 7250
There are 2209 solar PV installations in Launceston's postcode, 7250, totaling 7660.69 kW of capacity. The 7250 postcode accounts for 0.145% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Launceston area.
The average system size in Launceston is 3.47kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Launceston's postcode area are generating an average of 29111 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $261996 monthly and $3187613 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 7250 postcode is enough to fully power 2128 Australian homes.
Launceston solar carbon offset
System owners in Launceston's postcode are collectively avoiding 10625 tonnes (coal fired power) or 4250 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1526 - 3814 cars off Launceston's roads.
Launceston, Tasmania regional boundaries
Other related Launceston information
Launceston's coordinates are -41.440282,147.139353 and its weather station is located at Launceston Airport. Launceston Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Launceston: 3.80 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.00 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.12 kPa
- Humidity: 73.90%
- Air temperature: 11.49 degrees C
- Earth temperature:12.68 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Launceston
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Launceston households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Launceston and the Launceston region. For more TAS solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Tasmania or call our Launceston hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Launceston
Join Launceston's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Launceston and the Launceston region. Call our Tasmania team on 133-SUN for more information.