On This Page
Lorn is a small town on the south coast of New South Wales, Australia. It is a quiet and relaxed town with a friendly community. Lorn is close to the Tasman Sea.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Lorn*
Total Installed Capacity in Lorn (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Lorn, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Lorn, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Lorn
More homes in the state are converting to solar power as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to make renewable energy sources more accessible and cheap. By 2038, the installed PV capacity in the state will be 6,070 MW, according to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
If you want to begin your solar adventure right away, your first step should be to locate the best solar installation in Lorn. In Lorn, there is no shortage of solar installers to choose from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Lorn, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to increase the acceptability and accessibility of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates may be exchanged for a 3kW system with installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you are not eligible for a solar swap, you may be able to receive a refund in exchange for energy upgrades. When you spend up to $4,000 on appliance upgrades, you can get a free home energy analysis.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to every Australian homeowner who has a solar system. They might be given up in exchange for a lower upfront solar system installation cost.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Lorn
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Lorn, the following important considerations must be made:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Lorn.
- Roof angle: The recommended roof angle for the area where your home is located is equal to the latitude of that place.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. The past energy bills you have will be helpful in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from the environment: Lorn trees nearby may cast shade, which could decrease the efficiency of the solar panels on your roof. You should position your rooftop solar panels in the best possible spot, which you can change with the help of your Lorn solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Lorn, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, you may store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Lorn:
- Energy independence: In Lorn, a solar battery can assist you in reducing your reliance on the electricity grid and achieving complete energy independence.
- Protection against blackouts: Having a solar battery will ensure you are prepared, even if they are rare in Lorn. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Lorn
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Lorn solar panels
A mid-range home in Lorn can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.