On This Page
Lowood is a small rural town in the Lockyer Valley Region, Queensland, Australia. It is a quiet and peaceful town with a relaxed atmosphere. The town is home to a mix of single-family homes and farms.
The town is also home to a number of parks and sporting facilities, including the Lowood Showgrounds and the Lowood Swimming Pool.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Lowood
Total Installed Capacity in Lowood (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Lowood, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Lowood, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Lowood
According to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been constructed in Queensland.
Queensland will have met its goal of 50% renewable energy capacity by 2030. Australia’s electrification will have an impact on its future energy needs.
This is the ideal time to switch to solar energy because solar panels are so widely available.
You may use Energy Matters to find the top solar installer in Lowood.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Lowood, QLD
In Queensland, there are no rebates for solar energy. However, when installing rooftop solar panels, homeowners are eligible for federal and state solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCS)
STCs lower the initial costs associated with installing rooftop solar panels. You may receive less or more STCs, though, depending on the size and positioning of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Lowood
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Lowood, take into account the following:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Lowood, make sure your roof is in excellent shape.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house must correspond to the latitude of your location.
- Energy usage: Check your most recent energy bills to see how much energy you typically use each month to decide how many solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Rooftop solar panels in Lowood may not be as efficient as they may be due to the surrounding shade that the town’s neighbouring trees cast. Consult your Lowood solar installer for advice on where to place rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Lowood will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Lowood, QLD?
In Lowood, Queensland, you can use a solar battery to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels produce. Other advantages are:
- Energy independence: Lowood homeowners can disconnect from the electricity grid by using solar batteries. Furthermore, solar energy can provide all of your home’s energy requirements.
- Protection from blackouts: During a blackout, a solar battery can keep your Lowood home from going completely dark. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most efficient solar batteries currently on the market.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Lowood back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Lowood, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Lowood
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Lowood.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Lowood:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Lowood solar panels
For a mid-range home in Lowood, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.