Solar Power In Mackay, QLD, 4740
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Mackay (postcode: 4740) and the Mackay region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Mackay not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Mackay
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Mackay , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Mackay region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Mackay's solar energy resources
On average, Mackay receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.29 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Mackay should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 6° to 16° and the optimal angle is 11°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Mackay
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Mackay and is based on components well suited to Mackay area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mackay: 7.5654 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.3622 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.4554 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2763 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $828 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Mackay
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mackay: 15.1308 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 10.7244 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.9108 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5526 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1657 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Mackay
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mackay: 25.218 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 17.874 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.518 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9210 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2763 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Mackay
Solar installations in Mackay, QLD, 4740
There are 5976 solar PV installations in Mackay's postcode, 4740, totaling 22939.30 kW of capacity. The 4740 postcode accounts for 0.391% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Mackay area.
The average system size in Mackay is 3.84kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Mackay's postcode area are generating an average of 121349 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $1092140 monthly and $13287704 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4740 postcode is enough to fully power 6372 Australian homes.
Mackay solar carbon offset
System owners in Mackay's postcode are collectively avoiding 44292 tonnes (coal fired power) or 17717 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 6359 - 15898 cars off Mackay's roads.
Mackay, Queensland regional boundaries
Other related Mackay information
Mackay's coordinates are -21.14342,149.186845 and its weather station is located at Mackay. Mackay weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Mackay: 5.29 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.77 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.27 kPa
- Humidity: 64.43%
- Air temperature: 23.13 degrees C
- Earth temperature:24.68 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Mackay
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Mackay households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Mackay and the Mackay region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Mackay hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Mackay
Join Mackay's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Mackay and the Mackay region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.