On This Page
Maclean is a charming riverside town nestled in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. Known for its captivating blend of Scottish heritage and Australian charm, Maclean has earned the nickname “The Scottish Town in Australia.”
Situated along the banks of the Clarence River, Maclean offers a tranquil escape for those seeking a slower pace of life. The town is adorned with vibrant tartan decorations and boasts a strong connection to its Celtic roots.
Maclean has a welcoming spirit that invites all to experience its unique cultural blend.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Maclean*
Total Installed Capacity in Maclean (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Maclean, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Maclean, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Maclean
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to improve accessibility and reduce the cost of renewable energy sources, more families in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is to find the best solar installer in Maclean. Solar energy is the future, and Maclean has a large range of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Maclean will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Maclean, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and acceptable, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
You might be able to trade energy-saving improvements for a rebate if you don’t fit the criteria for a solar swap. Get a free home energy study when you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian homeowner with a solar system qualifies for STCs. They might be taken down in favour of installing a solar system because it will cost less upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Maclean
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Maclean residents should take the following into account:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Maclean, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s state.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you must refer to your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from surrounding trees or other buildings may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. Your Maclean solar installer can offer guidance on where to install your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Maclean, NSW?
The power produced by your Maclean rooftop solar panels can be stored if you have a solar battery.
- Energy independence: Maclean residents can eliminate or reduce their reliance on the grid by employing a solar battery.
- Protection against power outages: Solar batteries can help you be prepared for power outages when they happen, even though they are rare in Maclean. One of the solar batteries that is available today is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Maclean
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Maclean solar panels
A mid-range home in Maclean can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.