On This Page
Nestled in Australia’s oldest wine region, Maitland in New South Wales (NSW) is renowned for its sémillon grapes. It provides a community-focused way of life that embraces its rich history. There’s something for everyone in Maitland.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Maitland*
Total Installed Capacity in Maitland (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Maitland, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Maitland, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Maitland
Solar energy is booming in NSW, and if you’re considering installing rooftop solar panels in Maitland, then the first thing to do is find the right solar installer. One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Maitland have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, you should take the time to shop around and get several quotes.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Maitland. These are financially stable manufacturers who will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To find out who these manufacturers are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NSW, the solar panel size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
With the pace of electrification in the country, your future energy needs are bound to change. Hence, we recommend sizing up where possible. Doing so will enable you to keep up with the changes. This is also an excellent move when you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery in Maitland. By sizing up as early as now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Maitland, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Maitland may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. This allows homeowners to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Households not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. The rebate swap lets homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government providers STCs to businesses and households in Maitland, NSW. You or your solar installer can exchange these tradable certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Maitland, NSW.
The amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system. There are some homeowners who prefer to receive a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to homeowners when they export excess energy back into the grid. This is also why your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Maitland
There are certain factors to consider you get the best solar system in Maitland, NSW. They are the following:
- Roof condition: It’s vital that your roof is in good condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Maitland.
- Roof angle: The roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels that you need for your Maitland home, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees and other structures may impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Maitland. Your solar installer will help you find the right location for your solar system on your property.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery in Maitland, NSW?
A home solar battery in Maitland will allow you to store excess energy generated by your solar panels. The stored energy can be used on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts. There are several brands of solar batteries available today. Here are some reasons it’s a good investment:
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Maitland can reduce your dependency on the grid and even make your one fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Maitland, but they can be inconvenient when they do. You can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Maitland
The NSW government is making EVs more affordable by reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you get to save up to $5,540.
Here are some of the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to maintain and run. With that, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter n the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. As a result, getting an EV is an excellent way to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Maitland solar panels
A mid-range home in Maitland can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s also essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, as this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.