On This Page
Maroubra is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its long, sandy beach, its surf culture, and its diverse range of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
Maroubra is home to a number of parks and reserves, including Maroubra Park, South Maroubra Park, and Maroubra Junction Reserve. These parks offer a variety of activities, such as picnicking, barbecues, and playing sports.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Maroubra*
Total Installed Capacity in Maroubra (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Maroubra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Maroubra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Maroubra
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable, more residences in the state are switching to solar power. According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the installed PV capacity in the state will reach 6,070 MW by 2038.
Finding the greatest solar installation in Maroubra should be your first move if you want to start your solar journey right now. There are plenty of solar installers to pick from in Maroubra.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Maroubra, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and acceptable, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you are not qualified for a solar swap, you might be able to exchange energy improvements for a refund. A complimentary home energy study is available when you upgrade your appliances for up to $4,000 in value.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian homeowner with a solar system qualifies for STCs. They might be abandoned in favour of paying less upfront for the installation of a solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Maroubra
The following crucial factors must be taken into account before rooftop solar panel installation in Maroubra:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Maroubra, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the location of your property determines the appropriate roof angle for that area.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. Your previous energy bills will be useful in this circumstance.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from the surroundings, such as the neighbouring lorn trees, may cast shade, which could reduce the effectiveness of the solar panels on your roof. With the assistance of your Maroubra solar installer, our rooftop solar panels will be in the best location.
Do you need a solar battery in Maroubra, NSW?
You can store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in Maroubra if you have a solar battery:
- Energy independence: In Marourbae, a solar battery can help you become totally independent from the power grid and reduce your need on it.
- Protection from blackouts: Even if they are uncommon in Maroubra, having a solar battery will ensure you are ready when blackouts happen. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Maroubra
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Maroubra solar panels
A mid-range home in Maroubra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.