On This Page
Marsden Park in New South Wales (NSW) got its name from a priest, Samuel Marsden. The suburb is still developing with new residential and commercial areas, making it one of the areas in NSW worth waiting for.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Marsden Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Marsden Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Marsden Park, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Marsden Park, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Marsden Park
Along with the developments in the suburb, solar energy is also growing here as more households begin their transition to net zero.
Approximately 12 per cent of households here have rooftop solar panels already. So, if you’re thinking of making the switch, your first step would be to find a solar installer in Marsden Park. Your solar installer will ensure a solar system in Marsden Park that is suited to your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
A good thing to remember is that most homes in NSW currently have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can also install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system in Marsden Park is a great move as electrification in the country continues to grow at a rapid pace. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, especially if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Marsden Park
Swap for Solar
Some homeowners in Marsden Park who can’t afford a solar system still has a chance to take advantage of solar energy through Swap for Solar. This entails swapping the Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead for energy upgrades. Through this, you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Having a solar system in Marsden Park entitles you to receive STCs that you can exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide you with FiTs. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. That said, it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Marsden Park
You also need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Marsden Park, NSW:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Marsden Park.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Marsden Park, you should know your average monthly energy consumption. Look into your previous energy bills to get this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or even in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade. Unfortunately, shade can compromise the efficiency of your solar system in Marsden Park. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Marsden Park will help you find the perfect location for your rooftop solar panels.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Marsden Park, NSW
With a solar battery in Marsden Park, you can store energy generated from your solar system. In turn, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Marsden Park will reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries, such as the Tesla Powerwall, can help ensure you have power during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Marsden Park
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Marsden Park solar panels
A mid-range home in Marsden Park can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.