On This Page
Menai is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its quiet and family-friendly atmosphere, its proximity to the Georges River, and its variety of parks and reserves.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Menai*
Total Installed Capacity in Menai (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Menai, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Menai, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Menai
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable, more residents in the state are switching to solar power.
By 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW, according to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
The top solar installer in Menai should be your first choice if you want to start your solar journey right away. There are numerous solar installers to select from in Menai.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Menai, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and acceptable, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a solar swap, you might be able to trade in energy enhancements in exchange for a refund. Get a free home energy study when you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian homeowner with a solar system qualifies for STCs. They could be disregarded in favor of putting in a solar system that costs less up front.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Menai
The following crucial factors must be taken into account before installing rooftop solar panels in Menai:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Menai, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s state.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the location of your home determines the appropriate roof angle for that region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. Your previous energy bills will come in handy in this circumstance.
- Shade from the surroundings: Your roof’s solar panels may be less efficient as a result of nearby shade, such as shade from nearby trees. Your Menai solar installer will assist in determining the best location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Menai, NSW?
You can store the energy produced by your Menai rooftop solar panels if you have a solar battery:
- Energy independence: Using a solar battery in Menai can help you reduce or completely get off the grid.
- Protection from power outages: Even though they are rare in Menai, having a solar battery will ensure that you are ready for them when they do occur. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Menai
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Menai solar panels
A mid-range home in Menai can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.