On This Page
Mermaid Waters in Queensland (QLD) is a residential suburb with homes built along artificial canals and lakes. It’s close to the best beaches in Australia and has access to several parks.
If you’re interested in exploring the potential of solar solutions for your home, obtaining solar quotes from reputable providers like Energy Matters can offer valuable insights. By understanding the benefits and feasibility of solar installations in your specific location, you can make decisions to enhance the sustainability of your home.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mermaid Waters*
Total Installed Capacity in Mermaid Waters (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mermaid Waters, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mermaid Waters, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mermaid Waters
Queensland is on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030. In fact, a report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) report states that over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across the state at the start of 2023.
Now makes the perfect time to switch to solar in Mermaid Waters. Many solar installers in Mermaid Waters are ready to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, allowing them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend getting a bigger solar system in Mermaid Waters initially. Why?
Electrification is sweeping across the country at a supercharged pace, which will impact your future energy needs. By getting a bigger rooftop solar system in Mermaid Waters today, you are prepared for the changes and you will save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mermaid Waters, QLD
Currently, Queensland doesn’t have rebates, but nationwide solar rebates and incentives apply to homeowners with solar energy.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Get significant discounts on the upfront costs and installation of your rooftop solar panels in Mermaid Waters with STCs. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives by clicking here.
The right solar system in Mermaid Waters
You need to consider a few things when installing rooftop solar panels in Mermaid Waters. They are the following:
- Roof condition: It’s advisable to have a roof inspector ensure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Mermaid Waters.
- Roof angle: Your roof’s angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Mermaid Waters, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you find the average monthly energy consumption of your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade that is caused by trees surrounding your property may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Mermaid Waters. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Mermaid Waters will help find the right spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Mermaid Waters will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Mermaid Waters?
When you have a solar battery in Mermaid Waters, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Then, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Mermaid Waters.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Mermaid Waters, but it’s best you’re prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can choose from today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Mermaid Waters back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Mermaid Waters, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mermaid Waters
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Mermaid Waters.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Mermaid Waters:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mermaid Waters solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mermaid Waters, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.