On This Page
Mission Beach in Queensland (QLD) is a coastal town is lined with palm trees and cafes that will make you feel like you’re always on holiday. It is also home to several world heritage sites like the Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics Rainforest.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mission Beach*
Total Installed Capacity in Mission Beach (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mission Beach, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mission Beach, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mission Beach
A growing number of households in QLD are installing rooftop solar panels. The move is also due to the government’s proactive approach to make solar energy more accessible and affordable.
If you’re considering installing rooftop solar panels in Mission Beach, your first step is to find the right installer. There are many solar installers in Mission Beach today, and you want someone who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, that allow them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Mission Beach have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, it’s best to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also recommended due to the electrification that is sweeping the country. Your energy needs are bound to change soon, and with a bigger solar system as early as now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mission Beach
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are one of the incentives provided to Australians with renewable energy systems. You can redeem STCs for cash, and will be deducted from the overall cost of the solar system. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you are rewarded with FiTs. Your energy retailer is the one who will provide you with FiTs, which also means that the rate will vary. Take the time to compare energy retailers to ensure you get the best rate for you.
The right solar system in Mission Beach
You need to consider a few factors before installing rooftop solar panels in Mission Beach, such as:
- Roof condition: Installing rooftop solar panels in Mission Beach means your roof should be in perfect condition. It’s a good idea to hire a professional roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof’s angle should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Mission Beach, get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or other structures may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar panels. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Mission Beach, QLD will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Your solar system in Mission Beach will design a solar system that will let you maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Mission Beach?
When you have a solar battery in Mission Beach, you can store excess energy generated by your solar panels. In turn, you can have power throughout the night and day.
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Mission Beach, you can reduce your grid dependency. Also, you can make your home fully self-sufficient and allow you to save on energy bills.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries are available today, like the Tesla Powerwall, that will ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Battery Hill back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Mission Beach today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mission Beach
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Mission Beach. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Mission Beach:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mission Beach solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mission Beach, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.