On This Page
Mollymook, a coastal paradise in New South Wales (NSW) is a slice of beachfront heaven that perfectly embodies the Aussie coastal lifestyle.
Mollymook boasts pristine sandy beaches, clear turquoise waters, and a laid-back vibe that makes it a top destination for beach lovers and surf enthusiasts.
The town is not just about the beach; it’s also home to excellent dining options, with seafood that’s as fresh as it gets.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mollymook*
Total Installed Capacity in Mollymook (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Mollymook, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mollymook, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mollymook
The number of NSW homes switching to solar power has increased as a result of the state government’s initiatives to increase access to and decrease the cost of renewable energy sources.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) projects that by 2038, the state will have installed PV capacity of more than 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is selecting the best solar installer in Mollymook. Therefore, choosing the best solar installer in Mollymook should be your first concern.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Mollymook will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mollymook, NSW
The government of NSW provides incentives and subsidies to promote the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-income families could be eligible for subsidies that would cover the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to sell your energy-saving modifications for cash. By replacing your appliances, you may be qualified for a free home energy evaluation valued at up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are simple to get for Australians who have solar panels installed in their houses. Although the Australian Federal Government issues STCs, the market determines their price. The total value of these STCs will be subtracted from the value of the complete solar system since each solar system is only allowed a certain amount of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Mollymook
Before installing rooftop solar panels, property owners in Mollymook should take the following factors into account:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Mollymook, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the best roof angle for that area.
- Energy consumption: You must know how much power you regularly use each month in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you need for your home. In this case, reviewing your previous energy bills is advisable.
- Shade from the surroundings: Nearby trees or other structures that cast shade may reduce the effectiveness of the solar panels on your roof. Before choosing a location for your rooftop solar, speak with your Mollymook solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Mollymook, NSW?
A solar battery may be used to store the energy produced by your Mollymook rooftop solar panels. Owning a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy Independence: Mollymook residents can completely or partially disconnect from the grid by installing a solar battery system.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries can help you be more ready for these unforeseen circumstances, even if Mollymook doesn’t have many power outages. One of the most popular solar batteries is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mollymook
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mollymook solar panels
A mid-range home in Mollymook can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.