On This Page
Mudgee is one of the best wine towns in New South Wales (NSW). It is one of the greatest wine towns in Australia, with streets lined with colonial buildings and top restaurants.
Additionally, it is known for its country charm and picturesque views that get sufficient sunlight, making it is a great location for solar energy.
There are approximately 3,018 solar panel installations in the Mid-Western Regional, where Mudgee is located, with a total installed capacity of 19,234 kW.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mudgee*
Total Installed Capacity in Mudgee (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mudgee, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mudgee, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mudgee
When choosing your solar panels, it all comes down to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, getting several solar quotes from different solar energy installers is essential as they usually have a preferred solar manufacturer.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels. These Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers have the high financial stability that you’ll feel confident in, in terms of the warranty. Moreover, you get higher quality solar panels compared to lower-tiered manufacturers. You can also check our Bloomberg New Energy Finance releases of their Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list that they release annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels have reduced significantly over the years, which is good. Still, there are a few considerations you need to take to determine the right solar panels for your Mudgee, NSW property. Some of the things to consider are your roof and the allowable solar system size your local electricity network requires.
For most homes in NSW, the solar system size is 6.6 kW of solar panels with a 5 kW inverter. On the other hand, consider getting a bigger solar system size if you are thinking of adding an electric vehicle or battery in the coming years.
We also recommend that you size up when you can. This is because your future electricity needs will likely increase with electrification and a move to Electric Vehicles (EVs). Therefore, adding more solar panels or upgrading your solar PV system is a good move.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mudgee, NSW
As mentioned, solar panels have become more affordable than ever. And the costs are expected to go down further. The good news is that Mudgee residents have access to solar rebates and incentives that will allow for more cost savings.
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Mudgee can be eligible for the Swap for Solar. This will help reduce energy bills by letting homeowners in Mudgee swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Mudgee households not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
There are also STCs available for all Australians with solar systems on their properties, including those in Mudgee, NSW.
The Australian federal government gives STCs to households and small businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of STC depends on its supply and demand in the open market.
That said, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs and the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the total system value.
FiTs are paid by energy retailers to homeowners when they export excess energy into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rare. For this, we recommend you compare electricity retailers to find the one that will provide you with the best FiT for your home.
The right solar system in Mudgee
Now, let’s talk about the factors you need to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Mudgee, NSW.
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in good condition before you have solar panels installed.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled is important when it comes to the efficiency of your solar panels in Mudgee. Ideally, the roof must be titled at the same angle equal to the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the amount of energy you need by looking into your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or surrounding it may affect the efficiency of your solar system in Mudgee, NSW. Make sure the trees are trimmed back. Additionally, your solar installer will find the best position for your solar panels while considering the shaded areas.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Mudgee, NSW?
In Mudgee, a home solar battery storage will let homeowners store energy generated buy the solar panels that they can use throughout the night or on overcast days. Whilst a solar storage battery isn’t the most affordable option today, it has a lot of benefits, such as :
- Energy independence: The electric grid is unstable and there is also an increase in electricity rates. Hence, solar battery storage will help reduce your reliance on the grid as it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Mudgee are rare, but when they happen, they can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many batteries today that can power your house whilst your street doesn’t have power. With solar panels in Mudgee, they will continue to charge your battery throughout the day, which you can use throughout the night.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Mudgee.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mudgee
In NSW, it’s not only solar energy that is becoming more affordable but EVs as well. The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. The EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
There are also many more EV models to be launched, which makes it even more exciting. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you purchase an EV today:
- Lower costs: The running costs of EVs are lower, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest exporter of lithium in the world. Additionally, EV batteries are made of lithium. With this, you can support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mudgee solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mudgee, NSW, the return on investment can be between two and six years. Remember that your energy consumption and usage pattern must be taken into consideration.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.