On This Page
Narellan Vale is a suburb of Sydney, in the Australian state of New South Wales. The suburb is home to a number of schools, parks, and sporting facilities. Narellan Vale is also home to the Narellan Marketplace, a large shopping centre.
The suburb is well-connected to the rest of Sydney by road and rail. The Hume Highway passes through the suburb, providing access to Sydney and the Illawarra region. Narellan Vale railway station is on the South West Rail Line, providing services to Sydney and Wollongong.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Narellan Vale*
Total Installed Capacity in Narellan Vale (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Narellan Vale, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Narellan Vale, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Narellan Vale
As a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to make renewable energy sources more accessible and affordable, more households in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
Selecting the top solar installer in Narellan Vale is your first step if you want to start using solar energy right now. There are several solar installers to choose from in Narellan Vale.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Narellan Vale, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and acceptable, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you are not qualified for a solar swap, you might be able to trade in energy improvements in return for a refund. Get a free home energy analysis when you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian homeowner with a solar system qualifies for STCs. They might get uninstalled in favour of a solar system installation because it will cost less upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Narellan Vale
The following crucial factors must be taken into account before installing rooftop solar panels in Narellan Vale:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Narellan Vale, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you’ll need your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from surrounding trees or other structures may reduce the efficiency of the solar panels on your roof. Your Narellan Vale solar installer will assist you in deciding the best location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Narellan Vale, NSW?
You can store the energy produced by your Narellan Vale rooftop solar panels if you have a solar battery:
- Energy independence: Use a solar battery in Narellan Vale to reduce or completely disconnect from the grid for energy independence.
- Protection from blackouts: Although power outages are rare in Narellan Vale, owning a solar battery can help you be ready for them when they do occur. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Narellan Vale
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Narellan Vale solar panels
A mid-range home in Narellan Vale can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.