On This Page
Newport in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb surrounded by ocean and canals suitable for families and couples who seek to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The coastal suburb offers excellent amenities that ensure everything you need is within reach.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Newport*
Total Installed Capacity in Newport (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Newport, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Newport, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Newport
According to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built in Queensland. At this time, Queensland is on track to meet its 2030 goal of 50% renewable capacity.
Future energy requirements in Australia will be impacted by its electrification. The greatest solar panels are currently needed for your home, so you should switch to solar energy. Energy Matters can assist you in finding the top solar installer in Newport.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Newport, QLD
There are no solar energy rebates in Queensland. Homeowners are entitled to federal and state solar subsidies and incentives when they install rooftop solar panels.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Utilizing STCs lowers the upfront costs related to installing rooftop solar systems. However, depending on the size and positioning of your rooftop solar panels, you can receive fewer or more STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Newport
Some key factors to have in mind when installing rooftop solar panels in Newport, Queensland are as follows:
- Roof condition: Prior to having rooftop solar panels installed in Newport your roof should be in excellent condition.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house should correspond to the local latitude.
- Energy consumption: Examine your prior energy bills and estimate how much energy you typically consume each month to establish the number of solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: If there are shadows cast by nearby trees, your rooftop solar panels in Newport may operate less effectively. On how to position your rooftop solar panels, consult your solar installer in Newport.
Your solar installer in Newport will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Newport, QLD?
You can use a solar battery in Newport, Queensland to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels produce. Other advantages are:
- Energy independence: By putting in a solar battery, Newport locals may become less dependent on the power system. Additionally, solar power might be able to meet all of your home’s energy needs.
- Blackout protection: One of the solar batteries you can employ to defend your Newport home against blackouts is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Newport back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Newport, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Newport
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Newport.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Newport:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Newport solar panels
For a mid-range home in Newport, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.