Solar Power In Newtown, NSW, 2042
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Newtown (postcode: 2042) and the Sydney Inner City region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Newtown not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Newtown
New South Wales, 2042
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Newtown , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Sydney Inner City region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Newtown's solar energy resources
On average, Newtown receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.54 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Newtown should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 18° to 28° and the optimal angle is 23°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Newtown
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Newtown and is based on components well suited to Sydney - City and Inner South area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 6.4962 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.375 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.612 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2371 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $711 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Newtown
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 12.9924 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.75 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.224 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4742 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1422 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Newtown
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 21.654 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.25 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.04 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7904 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2371 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Newtown
Solar installations in Newtown, NSW, 2042
There are 265 solar PV installations in Newtown's postcode, 2042, totaling 696.71 kW of capacity. The 2042 postcode accounts for 0.017% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Newtown area.
The average system size in Newtown is 2.63kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Newtown's postcode area are generating an average of 3163 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $28468 monthly and $346355 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2042 postcode is enough to fully power 194 Australian homes.
Newtown solar carbon offset
System owners in Newtown's postcode are collectively avoiding 1155 tonnes (coal fired power) or 462 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 166 - 414 cars off Newtown's roads.
Newtown, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Newtown information
Newtown's coordinates are -33.896449,151.180013 and its weather station is located at Sydney. Sydney weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Newtown: 4.54 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.37 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.58 kPa
- Humidity: 69.46%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:19.66 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Newtown
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Newtown households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Newtown and the Sydney Inner City region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Newtown hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Newtown
Join Newtown's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Newtown and the Sydney Inner City region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.