Solar Power In Norfolk Island, NSW, 2899
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Norfolk Island (postcode: 2899) and the region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Norfolk Island not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Norfolk Island
New South Wales, 2899
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Norfolk Island , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Norfolk Island's solar energy resources
On average, Norfolk Island receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.40 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Norfolk Island should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 14° to 24° and the optimal angle is 19°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Norfolk Island
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Norfolk Island and is based on components well suited to area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Norfolk Island: 4.8654 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 1.5876 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.0838 kWh**
- Average annual output: 1775 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $532 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Norfolk Island
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Norfolk Island: 9.7308 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 3.1752 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 16.1676 kWh**
- Average annual production: 3551 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1065 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Norfolk Island
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Norfolk Island: 16.218 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 5.292 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 26.946 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 5919 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $1775 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Norfolk Island
Solar installations in Norfolk Island, NSW, 2899
There are 541 solar PV installations in Norfolk Island's postcode, 2899, totaling 1636.27 kW of capacity. The 2899 postcode accounts for 0.035% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Norfolk Island area.
The average system size in Norfolk Island is 3.02kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Norfolk Island's postcode area are generating an average of 5563 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $50070 monthly and $609183 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2899 postcode is enough to fully power 455 Australian homes.
Norfolk Island solar carbon offset
System owners in Norfolk Island's postcode are collectively avoiding 2031 tonnes (coal fired power) or 812 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 292 - 729 cars off Norfolk Island's roads.
Other related Norfolk Island information
Norfolk Island's coordinates are -29.039123,167.939564 and its weather station is located at Kingston. Kingston weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Norfolk Island: 3.40 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.71 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.13 kPa
- Humidity: 76.18%
- Air temperature: 6.88 degrees C
- Earth temperature:6.44 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Norfolk Island
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Norfolk Island households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Norfolk Island and the region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Norfolk Island hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Norfolk Island
Join Norfolk Island's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Norfolk Island and the region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.